World Darts Championship to be shown on dedicated Sky Sports Darts channel
Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated darts channel in December as it celebrates 25 years of broadcasting the World Darts Championship.
Sky Sports Arena will become Sky Sports Darts HD between 14 December and 3 January – that’s three full weeks of non-stop darts programming including every lunchtime and evening session live from Ally Pally (Alexandra Palace)
As well as marking a quarter of a century of PDC World Championship coverage, Sky will also be paying tribute to legendary thrower Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor as the 16-time world champion takes part in the tournament for the last time.
Sky first broadcast the World Darts Championship in 1993, when a 33-year-old Taylor lost 6-1 to Dennis ‘The Menace’ Priestley, and will honour The Power this year with an exclusive hour-long documentary ‘Phil Taylor the Greatest’.
Presenter Dave Clark said: “I can’t wait for the worlds to get started. I think this year’s tournament will be the biggest and best yet. ‘The Power’ will want to go out on a high but he’ll have the next class of world champions snapping at his heels. It’s going to make for addictive viewing.”
Clark will be joined for the tournament by fellow presenters Laura Woods, Wayne Mardle, Keith Deller, Russ Bray and John Part.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies