Sky moves into broadcasting sports in Spain
Sky has begun sports broadcasts in Spain. The pay-TV platform, which was been launched earlier this year in Spain, has signed an agreement with LaLiga to incorporate coverage of La Liga 2 (Second Division) matches at no extra cost.
Based on the Now TV concept, but branded “Sky TV” , Sky has added “La Liga 1/2/3 TV” to its entertainment package- providing customers to the 10 Euro per month service with coverage of La Liga 2 (Second Division) matches at no extra cost.
10 matches per matchday will be live, (Telefónica hold exclusivity for the other). Sky’s rights to broadcast the channel/service are non-exclusive.
Until now, this service was only available to Vodafone, Orange, Telecable and beIN Connect.
“Working with Sky and its OTT service in Spain demonstrates our commitment to developing the way we offer football to our audience,” said the president of the employer’s association, Javier Tebas.
From the outset, ten games will be broadcast per day live, since Telefónica has the exclusive of the most important matches, as well as all the associated programming that is developed on the 22 teams in the league.
The channel will be integrated into the basic offer of Sky, which costs ten euros a month and includes regular content of pay television, such as Nickelodeon, National Geographic, FOX, TNT or Disney .
“The addition of LaLiga 2 will allow our users to enjoy some of the most exciting sports in Spain,” said David Núñez, director of market development at Sky España.
This is the first operation carried out by Sky in the Iberian market around the sports industry . However, its general director, Jeremy Darroch, already warned in July that his investment in Spain would be “modest” and, therefore, is hardly expected in the next tender for the main lots of rights that LaLiga will draw for the 2019-2022 cycle.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.