PDC Darts to remain on Sky Sports after new seven-year deal
The PDC has agreed a new broadcast deal that will take Sky’s coverage into a fourth decade.
Running until 2025, Sky customers will be able to watch the best of live darts throughout the year, including the sport’s biggest tournament, the William Hill World Darts Championship.
Sky Sports’ relationship with the PDC started in 1993/1994 when it broadcast the World Championship, which has evolved from its first home at the Circus Tavern in Essex with 24 players and a prize pot of £64,000 to the world-famous Alexandra Palace in London with triple the number of competitors and a prize fund of £1.8m.
The new contract will give Sky Sports customers 60 days of live darts throughout each year, featuring the William Hill World Championship, Unibet Premier League, BetVictor World Matchplay, bwin Grand Slam of Darts, Unibet World Grand Prix and Betway World Cup of Darts.
With this years’ Worlds starting on Thursday, fans can enjoy every lunchtime and evening session live and exclusive on Sky Sports Darts HD (channel 408). The Sky Sports Main Event channel will also simulcast live play on specific days,
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips