PDC Darts to remain on Sky Sports after new seven-year deal
The PDC has agreed a new broadcast deal that will take Sky’s coverage into a fourth decade.
Running until 2025, Sky customers will be able to watch the best of live darts throughout the year, including the sport’s biggest tournament, the William Hill World Darts Championship.
Sky Sports’ relationship with the PDC started in 1993/1994 when it broadcast the World Championship, which has evolved from its first home at the Circus Tavern in Essex with 24 players and a prize pot of £64,000 to the world-famous Alexandra Palace in London with triple the number of competitors and a prize fund of £1.8m.
The new contract will give Sky Sports customers 60 days of live darts throughout each year, featuring the William Hill World Championship, Unibet Premier League, BetVictor World Matchplay, bwin Grand Slam of Darts, Unibet World Grand Prix and Betway World Cup of Darts.
With this years’ Worlds starting on Thursday, fans can enjoy every lunchtime and evening session live and exclusive on Sky Sports Darts HD (channel 408). The Sky Sports Main Event channel will also simulcast live play on specific days,
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels