PDC Darts to remain on Sky Sports after new seven-year deal
The PDC has agreed a new broadcast deal that will take Sky’s coverage into a fourth decade.
Running until 2025, Sky customers will be able to watch the best of live darts throughout the year, including the sport’s biggest tournament, the William Hill World Darts Championship.
Sky Sports’ relationship with the PDC started in 1993/1994 when it broadcast the World Championship, which has evolved from its first home at the Circus Tavern in Essex with 24 players and a prize pot of £64,000 to the world-famous Alexandra Palace in London with triple the number of competitors and a prize fund of £1.8m.
The new contract will give Sky Sports customers 60 days of live darts throughout each year, featuring the William Hill World Championship, Unibet Premier League, BetVictor World Matchplay, bwin Grand Slam of Darts, Unibet World Grand Prix and Betway World Cup of Darts.
With this years’ Worlds starting on Thursday, fans can enjoy every lunchtime and evening session live and exclusive on Sky Sports Darts HD (channel 408). The Sky Sports Main Event channel will also simulcast live play on specific days,
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Solar Storm alert with possible disruption to satellite signals
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit