Sky revamping is TV Packages
Sky has announced an overhaul of its pay TV packages, initially for new customers, but available to existing customers in the new year.
Skys current starter pack, the Original Bundle, is replaced by “Sky Entertainment”.
The price will remain as £20 a month, but Sky Entertainment will unlock access to around 80 more channels than the Original Bundle.
Sky Entertainment becomes the new core pack for Sky TV, with all other extra channel options to be taken on top.
The current Variety bundle will cease, as its channels will now be included in the new £20 Entertainment Bundle.
Some commentators have noted this change may mask the fact that an ever increasing number of entertainment, lifestyle and factual channels are now broadcasting free-to-air and no longer part of Sky’s bundles.
On top of this new £20 Entertainment Bundle you can then add additional channel packs
– Sky Kids add-on (+£5 a month) – all pay TV children’s channels, plus Sky Kids App content.
– Sky Box Sets add-on (+£5 a month) – access to over 350 box sets on-demand
– Sky HD add-on (+£5 a month) – access to the HD versions of the channels.
– Sky Sports / Sky Cinema / Sky UHD – as currently.
– Third party channels, e.g. BT Sport – as currently, although BT is increasing charges in the new year.
The three add-ons can be cancelled with 31 days notice, although the core Sky Entertainment bundle, upon which the rest of the subscription package can be built, does have a 18 month contract attached to it.
The £32 Variety bundle and £38 Box Sets bundle continue for existing customers, but from early 2018, existing subscribers will be able to switch to one of the new packages. However, once they have switched, they can’t revert back to the old packages in the future.
With Sky constantly offering special deals, including retention deals, some subscribers may be better off waiting until their current deal ends.
The graphic below shows the new pricing and package structure:
The graphic below shows the channels to be included in the new £20 Entertainment Bundle.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels