Large IPTV provider closed down
Late last week, a coordinated pan-European police action has closed down an illegal IPTV network
This service served around half a million subscribers across Europe with an offer of around 1,200 TV channels.
The service made it possible to watch major European TV broadcasters, including Sky UK, Sky Deutschland and Sky Italia, the Greek Nova TV, the Dutch Ziggo Sport and Fox Sports, and many others.
The raids were conducted in Cyprus, Greece, the Netherlands, and Bulgaria during which 17 house searches took place Three suspects were arrested in Cyprus – two in Limassol (aged 43 and 44) and one in Larnaca (aged 53). Servers used to provide illegal access to the channels were shut down. The investigation also uncovered installed machine sites that work with the central server to relay subscriber channels.
“The servers used to distribute the channels were shut down, and IP addresses hosted by a Dutch company were also deactivated thanks to the cooperation of the authorities of The Netherlands,” Europol reports.
“In Bulgaria, 84 servers and 70 satellite receivers were seized, with decoders, computers and accounting documents.”
It is thought that a number of IPTV resellers and telecoms companies in Spain have also been affected, whose clients have lost their IPTV services as a result of this closure.
If you do use an IPTV service for your UK TV, it may be wise to pay monthly rather than a yearly fee upfront, so the financial loss should your IPTV provider be closed down is minimal.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies