Sony Channel changes soon
Sony will soon be making some changes to their TV channels.
Currently the Sony channel is encrypted, but requires no subscription – only a “Freesat From Sky” viewing card.
It is also currently on the European beam, with easy reception over Spain.
Sony Channel will become the free-to-air Sony Crime Channel on the 6th February 2018. “Free to air” meaning not encrypted, so no viewing card required.
It will also be making a transponder change, moving to the harder to receive in Spain UK beam. If you can currently receive other Sony owned channels True Entertainment and POP, then you should be able to receive the Sony Crime channel, as they will all be on the same transponder
Sony Crime Channel is due to take over the Sky slot of the Sony Channel (ch.157) on the 6th February 2018. Latest information is that Freesat will get the channel a week later.
The new Sony Crime channel s currently testing free to air, and is available to manually tune into Sky and Freesat receivers ahead of their inclusions onto the channel guides in February
Satellite receivers can be manually tuned to the following:
Satellite: Astra 2F (28.2E) UK Spotbeam
Symbol Rate: 27500
Mode: DVB-S, QPSK
Service ID: 53385 (Sony Channel)
53390 (Sony Ch.+1)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required