The BBC has retained the right to show Premier League TV highlights as part of a new deal until the end of the 2021/22 season.
As well as securing content for Match Of The Day, the new deal will allow the BBC to continue to repeat highlights on Sunday mornings as well as show Premier League highlights and footage on MOTD2, Football Focus and The Premier League Show.
Barbara Slater, Director, BBC Sport, says:
“To keep Premier League highlights on the BBC is testament to the continued success and popularity of Match Of The Day. Our longstanding partnership with the Premier League continues to flourish and evolve as seen with the recently launched Super Movers initiative. The new deal strengthens that relationship even further and ensures the nation’s favourite sport will continue to be seen by the widest possible audience.”
Charlotte Moore, Director BBC Content, added:
“To secure the Premier League highlights for another three years is fantastic news for football fans all over the UK and ensures the BBC remains the free to air home with the iconic Match of the Day at the heart of all the action.”
The BBC has held on to Premier League highlights since August 2004
Live Premier League coverage rights for the seasons between 2019 and 2022 is to be determined in the next few weeks, with BT and Sky expected to face potential competition from online services.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- How to add Channel 4 HD to your Arris UHD-X Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!