Some “TV in Spain” Top Tips
Here are some top tips about receiving and watching UK TV in Spain are good to know, given some of the callouts I have been to this week.
- Freeview boxes connect to a TV aerial. They do not work with a satellite dish.
- Using a Freeview box connected to a TV aerial in Spain, and you will only receive the Spanish TV channels. You will not receive ANY UK channels via a TV aerial in Spain. Thus Freeview IS NOT available in Spain
- Freesat boxes work with a satellite dish.
- Which satellite channels you can receive will depend on where you are in Spain and what sized dish you have. For channels like BBC, dish sizes range from 80cm to 5m, depending where yo are in Spain.
- Channels like BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Five are all “free to air” on UK satellite. This means they require no viewing card and no subscription.
- Sky will be making some big changes to their channel numbering in May 2018 ( see https://www.satandpcguy.com/2018/03/27/sky-epg-channel-number-changes-coming-in-may-2018/ ) .
- You can now watch Sky Go and Now TV and a few other Sky TV apps in Spain without the need of a VPN or Smart DNS service ( https://www.satandpcguy.com/2018/03/30/europe-opens-up-online-pay-tv-subscriptions/ ) .
- “Dave”, “Drama”, “Really” are all subscription free on UK satellite TV.
- Heavy rain in your area will affect channel reception.
- Loss of signals can mean your satellite dish is not aligned correctly, your LNB is not aligned correctly, your LNB is damaged, your dish is warped out of shape, your cabling is bad, your connections are bad….