BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
It was announced previously ( see https://www.satandpcguy.com/2018/03/19/bein-sports-mena-receiver-update-required/ ) that receivers used for BeIN Sports (MENA) would require a firmware / software update in April 2018.
Many of these receivers automatically update to any new version of firmware / software it finds.
However, some have found the receivers are not updating to the latest versions of firmware / software.
And are finding the “IRDETO Software Update” option “grayed” out and not available.
So they cannot update their receiver, and have lost their BeIN Sports (MENA) channels as a result.
So, I managed to find a Humax HD Free receiver used for BeIN Sports that had this issue.
And this is how I solved the issue, got the software / firmware updated, and the channels back.
The Humax HD Free receiver I had was stuck on software / firmware 1.02.07.
I upgraded the Humax HD Free receiver via USB to 1.02.09 (file here : HD-FREE V10209_L23 )
IMPORTANT NOTE This is a file for the Humax HD Free receiver, and will not work on other receivers! Find the right file for your receiver. I am not responsible if you load this file into the wrong receiver and damage your receiver, or damage your box during the upgrade process.
- Download the file,
- unzip the contents onto a FAT USB stick.
- Unplug the receiver from the power.
- Insert the stick into the receiver.
- Press and hold the ON / OFF button on the box, and reapply the power cable.
- Once the download starts, you can release the ON / OFF button.
I made sure that the receiver was on BeIN Sports 1 HD.
Then after a few (at least a dozen!!) reboots, Software update button became available in white.
But for the first 6 or 7 times with rebooting in between, it found no new software.
Then after yet another reboot, it located the new software and update!!!
I have no idea why it has taken this many reboots to do, but all is working again.
Hopefully you have the same success as I have.
Time consuming, but it worked.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required