Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018
It appears that for people with a Sky HD box and subscribing to Sky Sports will be offered Sky Sports in HD.
But this will be charged at £2 extra a month, as opposed to £6 extra a month.
People affected have been sent the following letter / email.
In sport, fine details can make all the difference. So on 1 October, we’re replacing our standard definition Sky Sports channels with Sky Sports HD.
It also means your subscription will go up by £2 a month (rather than the £6 you’d pay for Sky Sports HD now). These changes will take place from 1 October.
You’ll see your new price below. You won’t start paying the additional £2 per month until your first bill due after XXXXXX.
Whether or not you have the choice to pay the extra £2 per month for the Sky Sports HD channels or not remains to be seen.
But it looks like Sky Sports in HD is to be the default offering.
Much like how Sky Movies in HD is the default offering.
This does not apply to Sky Sports customers who are still using an SD digibox. But perhaps this is the start of a move to get all their existing SD customers onto new Sky HD boxes.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky