Free F1 on C4 in 2019 : more details
From 2019, Sky will have exclusive rights to F1 in the Uk.
However, Channel 4 will show highlights of all race weekends, and show the British Grand Prix live.
This week more details about the C4 deal and coverage has emerged.
One of the changes is when the highlights show can be aired.
Currently C4 are allowed to start their highlights programme 2 hours after the race ending.
Under the new deal, C4 now have to wait for three hours after the race ending before they can start their highlights programme. For European races, this is not so much of an issue. However, for races in the USA, Brazil, Mexico, Canada and under the lights in Bahrain, this becomes an issue, as highlights for these races will not start on C4 until nearly midnight. Not ideal for C4, but perhaps they can instead show them on Monday?
Also, race highlight made available by Sky to C4 will be reduced by 7 minutes… (who and how did they come up with that number!?)
And we can expect some minor changes to C4s presentation group, as I doubt they will need all the presenters and analysts that they currently have for such reduced content.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.