Satellite Solar Outage Time Again – October 2018
Its that time of year again when the Sun / Solar Outage affects satellite signals on a morning.
This happens in March and October for a couple of weeks every year at around 10.30 – 11.30 am for upto 20 mins……
This “satellite solar outage” happens around the time of the Spring and Autumn equinox. In the northern hemisphere, sun outages occur before the March equinox (February, March) and after the September equinox (September and October).
Do not panic, your temporary loss of signals will resolve itself and just start working again as soon as the sun moves out of the position
It is also a good time for a bit of housekeeping, as you can use this outage time to see if there are any trees and shrubs casting shadows onto the dish, which means they can be reducing and blocking the signals from the satellite to your dish.
More information on this solar outage can be found here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/uk-tv-astra-satellites/satellite-solar-outage/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- C5 HD joins BBC Satback on Intelsat 907 at 27.5 West
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Can you watch the 4K Demo channel on the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver ?
- Pick TV : Free Premier League matches, with some caveats