Satellite Solar Outage Time Again – October 2018
Its that time of year again when the Sun / Solar Outage affects satellite signals on a morning.
This happens in March and October for a couple of weeks every year at around 10.30 – 11.30 am for upto 20 mins……
This “satellite solar outage” happens around the time of the Spring and Autumn equinox. In the northern hemisphere, sun outages occur before the March equinox (February, March) and after the September equinox (September and October).
Do not panic, your temporary loss of signals will resolve itself and just start working again as soon as the sun moves out of the position
It is also a good time for a bit of housekeeping, as you can use this outage time to see if there are any trees and shrubs casting shadows onto the dish, which means they can be reducing and blocking the signals from the satellite to your dish.
More information on this solar outage can be found here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/uk-tv-astra-satellites/satellite-solar-outage/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Sports Mix frequency
- No more Sky Software Updates for Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes
- cricfree.tv internet streaming site “suspended” by Police
- Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018
- Travel Channel and DMAX changes on UK satellite
- Freesports to launch in HD on Sky soon