Satellite Solar Outage Time Again – October 2018
Its that time of year again when the Sun / Solar Outage affects satellite signals on a morning.
This happens in March and October for a couple of weeks every year at around 10.30 – 11.30 am for upto 20 mins……
This “satellite solar outage” happens around the time of the Spring and Autumn equinox. In the northern hemisphere, sun outages occur before the March equinox (February, March) and after the September equinox (September and October).
Do not panic, your temporary loss of signals will resolve itself and just start working again as soon as the sun moves out of the position
It is also a good time for a bit of housekeeping, as you can use this outage time to see if there are any trees and shrubs casting shadows onto the dish, which means they can be reducing and blocking the signals from the satellite to your dish.
More information on this solar outage can be found here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/uk-tv-astra-satellites/satellite-solar-outage/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- ITV HD satellite changes