BBC Programme Guide Problems
For the last few week, the BBC have been having problems with their programme guide data they send to Sky, Freesat and Freeview boxes.
Amongst the problems :
– BBC One HD and BBC Two HD not showing the programmes are in HD (the HD indicator is not present);
– Freesat boxes not referencing that a programme is also available in HD;
– BBC Two showing no programmes, just “This is BBC Two”;
– Series link issues, including not recording a series link, recording another regions programme instead of your own regions,
– Overlapping recordings / programmes by 15 minutes.
The BBC have responded to one of the issues, no HD indicators, as follows:
Thanks for contacting BBC Reception Support regarding this issue.
You are correct about this issue; the programmes are being mislabelled but they are in HD.
Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at present time about this issue. It is on the list to be fixed but the programmes are in HD even if it is not showing that on the EPG. It is a labelling issue. There was a temporary change in the way programmes are being labelled in the EPG.
All programmes broadcast on BBC One HD and BBC Two HD have HD video. All the programmes listed are still in HD. The lack of “HD” labelling on any programme should not be taken to mean it’s in SD.
We can only apologise for this temporary change and can assure you that the labeling issue is being addressed.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.
BBC Audience Services
Other than that we can only assume that they are aware of these issues, but so far nothng about when they will be resolved.
In the mean time, it is probably a good idea to keep an eye on your planned / future BBC recordings.
And if you have a Humax Freesat box, and that is duplicating BBC recordings, you can delete the BBC channels from the channel list that you do not want…