La Liga UK TV Rights…deal done, for the first three weeks only
The continuing saga of La Liga rights in the UK continues.
Broadcast rights for La Liga for the next three seasons had failed to sell, threatening a television blackout of this season’s La Liga matches, despite the lure of major clubs including Real Madrid and Barcelona.
But a last minute deal has been done for live La Liga coverage on UK TV.
However, it only covers the first three “match days”.
ITV4 will have live coverage of the season opener – Athletic Bilbao v FC Barcelona from 8pm UK time on Friday 16th August.
ITV4 will also have live coverage of :
FC Barcelona v Real Betis at 8pm on Sunday 25th August 2019
Villareal CF v Real Madrid at 8pm on Sunday 1st September 2019
ITV4 will also screen highlights from La Liga following each Matchday.
Rights for the other live matches are still up for negotiation, but perhaps we can see some form of pay / free deal, with some games free on ITV4 like last season?
Eleven Sports, who originally had a three year deal, but then apparently failed to deliver on certain criteria, says “LaLiga has assigned the first three matchdays to another broadcaster in the UK & Ireland. We are now awaiting further guidance from LaLiga on the long-term future of the rights.”. Would be a bit rich if they get the rights back again after all the hassle they caused last season.
“BBC Sport understands that negotiations are ongoing between La Liga and ITV for the broadcast of live matches throughout the rest of the season.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required