Sky Deutschland to increase security to combat piracy
German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland is set to implement the same “anti card sharing” security as Sky UK in a bid to combat piracy of its channels.
Through the so-called unique pairing, the Sky receiver is paired up with the smartcard and no longer functions in third-party devices that are not offered by Sky. Pirates had previously used this as a loophole.
Pairing is being introduced gradually, and it is expected that all channels will go to the new encryption by the end of November.
This will mean that, like Sky UK channels, Sky Deutschland will no longer be available on card share systems.
This will also have an impact on IPTV services that use cardshare to provide the content on their systems.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Subtitles on Channel 4 returning soon….for some
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Astra 2A frequencies moved to Astra 2E and 2F – better UK TV reception for many in Spain
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit