Sky Deutschland to increase security to combat piracy
German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland is set to implement the same “anti card sharing” security as Sky UK in a bid to combat piracy of its channels.
Through the so-called unique pairing, the Sky receiver is paired up with the smartcard and no longer functions in third-party devices that are not offered by Sky. Pirates had previously used this as a loophole.
Pairing is being introduced gradually, and it is expected that all channels will go to the new encryption by the end of November.
This will mean that, like Sky UK channels, Sky Deutschland will no longer be available on card share systems.
This will also have an impact on IPTV services that use cardshare to provide the content on their systems.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- 2013 Singapore Grand Prix – Sky Sports F 1 HD Trailer
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Astra 2A frequencies moved to Astra 2E and 2F – better UK TV reception for many in Spain
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Sky Sports Box Office will exclusively show live coverage of Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao on 2 May
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Kodi future on Android in jeopardy?
- More BT Sport channels move to the UK beam
- FilmOn signs TVE deal
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?