Sky Deutschland to increase security to combat piracy
German pay-TV operator Sky Deutschland is set to implement the same “anti card sharing” security as Sky UK in a bid to combat piracy of its channels.
Through the so-called unique pairing, the Sky receiver is paired up with the smartcard and no longer functions in third-party devices that are not offered by Sky. Pirates had previously used this as a loophole.
Pairing is being introduced gradually, and it is expected that all channels will go to the new encryption by the end of November.
This will mean that, like Sky UK channels, Sky Deutschland will no longer be available on card share systems.
This will also have an impact on IPTV services that use cardshare to provide the content on their systems.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV