First image for the new Arris Freesat receiver
The first images for the new Freesat box, produced by Arris have been released.
Mid 2018, it was announced by Freesat that Humax had lost the contract to produce the Freesat+ HDR recording receivers. Which was a shame as they are very good and easy to use receivers. Since that announcement Humax have decreased production the Humax Freesat HDR boxes, the HDR-1100S, and today stocks of new HDR-110S receivers now almost non existent.
The new Arris Freesat HDR box was initially promised to be available “late 2019”, but date this passed, with no explanation given by either Freesat or Arris. “Testing” was the unofficial reason given by some “user testers”.
This has meant that basically there has been NO Freesat HDR boxes available for a few months, damaging Freesat reputation.
But today, Arris have release an image of the new Freesat HDR box, that they will be launching “soon”…no definite date again, but some say March 2020.
Other than the box has 4K capability, details are very sketchy. And no indication as to how good the tuners inside these new Arris Freesat set top boxes is.
Although the box has 4k capability, it is a shame that there is very little 4K content available on Freesat. In fact only very limited content from BBC is available, and that is delivered via the internet, and needs speeds of at least 20m download to be able to watch. So this does seem a bit pointless by Freesat to dump the Humax HDR, one of the best Freesat boxes there has ever been, for an “unknown” Freesat producer.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?