Unboxing a new Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver
Freesat – Subscription Free UK TV – 150 Subscription Free UK TV channels.
So I have my hands on a new 4K / UHD Freesat receiver, manufactured by Arris.
Earlier this week Freesat launched this new 4K / UHD satellite receiver, manufactured by Arris.
This is the “non recording” version. Even with the USB port on the receiver, and the addition of an external hard drive, you still cannot record from this receiver(unlike the Humax HB-1100S that it replaces.)
A recording version of the receiver, with 500gb, 1tb and 2tb hard drives, will be released “later”.
Apart from 4K support for Netflix and Youtube, the receiver does seem a bit pricey compared to its predecessor manufactured by Humax. And perhaps, if you have the previous Humax Freesat HD receiver, then upgrading to this box may feel unnecessary.
One thing to note is the Amazon packaging the receiver arrived in. The external packaging was not sealed, and so the contents could have been taken by anyone along the delivery route.
Apart from that nice looking receiver, and nice remote control.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
Will be putting it thought a test soon.
But, as noted in the comments, the remote control does have a letter missing… there is no “Z” on my buttons :
More information and specifications : https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/11/new-arris-freesat-4k-box-officially-released/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?