Set up and review of the new Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver
In a previous post we unboxed the latest Freesat box offering from Arris.
( https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/14/unboxing-a-new-arris-freesat-uhd-x-4k-satellite-receiver/ )
Now we show you the on screen set up process, and a few points that we found when setting it up.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
This is the “non recording” version. Even with the USB port on the receiver, and the addition of an external hard drive, you still cannot record from this receiver(unlike the Humax HB-1100S that it replaces.)
A few issues i found:
– My remote is not very responsive. Press a button on it, and there is a 4 second pause before you can press another button to the receiver to respond.
– the “Z” is not printed on any button on my remote control…!
– if you have “fat thumbs”, then when you press the OK button, you may also press the UP or DOWN button on the remote
– this receiver found 8 less TV channels than a Humax Freesat HD1100S receiver on the same connection…
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Dreambox Confusion – Satellite receiver or Android TV
- Freesat drops a load of music channels