Set up and review of the new Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver
In a previous post we unboxed the latest Freesat box offering from Arris.
( https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/14/unboxing-a-new-arris-freesat-uhd-x-4k-satellite-receiver/ )
Now we show you the on screen set up process, and a few points that we found when setting it up.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
This is the “non recording” version. Even with the USB port on the receiver, and the addition of an external hard drive, you still cannot record from this receiver(unlike the Humax HB-1100S that it replaces.)
A few issues i found:
– My remote is not very responsive. Press a button on it, and there is a 4 second pause before you can press another button to the receiver to respond.
– the “Z” is not printed on any button on my remote control…!
– if you have “fat thumbs”, then when you press the OK button, you may also press the UP or DOWN button on the remote
– this receiver found 8 less TV channels than a Humax Freesat HD1100S receiver on the same connection…
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.