Set up and review of the new Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver
In a previous post we unboxed the latest Freesat box offering from Arris.
( https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/14/unboxing-a-new-arris-freesat-uhd-x-4k-satellite-receiver/ )
Now we show you the on screen set up process, and a few points that we found when setting it up.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
This is the “non recording” version. Even with the USB port on the receiver, and the addition of an external hard drive, you still cannot record from this receiver(unlike the Humax HB-1100S that it replaces.)
A few issues i found:
– My remote is not very responsive. Press a button on it, and there is a 4 second pause before you can press another button to the receiver to respond.
– the “Z” is not printed on any button on my remote control…!
– if you have “fat thumbs”, then when you press the OK button, you may also press the UP or DOWN button on the remote
– this receiver found 8 less TV channels than a Humax Freesat HD1100S receiver on the same connection…
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB