BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
The replacement for the Intelsat 907 satellite, that carries the BBC Satback service, Intelsat 901 has now arrived at 27.5 west, thanks to the MEV that was attached to Intelsat 901 and pushed it into place.
Satellite locations :
Intelsat 907 is located at 27,543 W
Intelsat 901 is located at 27,551 W
There are reports that a data service has already been transferred over from Intelsat 907 to Intelsat 901.
This may mean that TV services will also be moved over to Intelsat 901 shortly.
How this will affect reception of the BBC Satback service, that some expats in southern Spain and Portugal rely on since the signals from the official Astra 2 UK TV satellites are so weak in those areas, no one will know until the service moves. Although Intelsat 901 and Intelsat 907 are similar in build and beam alignments, there will be some differences in reception, which may well affect these “fringe” reception areas.
For more information on the service provided by Intelsat 907 at 27.5 west, please see here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/intelsat-bbc-satback/
For more information on the plan to replace the Intelsat 907 satellite, as posted here.
For more information on the MEV docking to Intelsat 901 : https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/29/intelsat-907-901-update-at-27-5-west/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Dreambox Confusion – Satellite receiver or Android TV
- Freesat drops a load of music channels