BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
The replacement for the Intelsat 907 satellite, that carries the BBC Satback service, Intelsat 901 has now arrived at 27.5 west, thanks to the MEV that was attached to Intelsat 901 and pushed it into place.
Satellite locations :
Intelsat 907 is located at 27,543 W
Intelsat 901 is located at 27,551 W
There are reports that a data service has already been transferred over from Intelsat 907 to Intelsat 901.
This may mean that TV services will also be moved over to Intelsat 901 shortly.
How this will affect reception of the BBC Satback service, that some expats in southern Spain and Portugal rely on since the signals from the official Astra 2 UK TV satellites are so weak in those areas, no one will know until the service moves. Although Intelsat 901 and Intelsat 907 are similar in build and beam alignments, there will be some differences in reception, which may well affect these “fringe” reception areas.
For more information on the service provided by Intelsat 907 at 27.5 west, please see here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/intelsat-bbc-satback/
For more information on the plan to replace the Intelsat 907 satellite, as posted here.
For more information on the MEV docking to Intelsat 901 : https://www.satandpcguy.com/2020/02/29/intelsat-907-901-update-at-27-5-west/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB