Can you watch the 4K Demo channel on the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver
The Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver is the latest Freesat box on the market.
The Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver replaces the popular Humax Freesat boxes.
According to the specifications the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver can support 4K broadcasts.
As there is a 4K Demo channel available on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites, we tried to see if we could watch this 4K test channel on the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver.
On some Freesat 4K TVs you can access this 4K demo channel by going to channel 998, even though it is not listed on the channel list.
However, on this 4K Freesat satellite box channel 988 is “Channel Unavailable”.
So we tried to add the channel manually.
Results in the video below.
Afterwards I also had to redo the Freesat install “wizard”…which takes ages to do…The old Humax Freesat HD receiver was up and running withing a minute!!!! So frustrating!
Although when I tried to do this recently (2021), no channels were found. Perhaps not having access to the correct FEC of 8/9 is the reason.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Freesat drops a load of music channels