Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
Intelsat has finally confirmed that Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West.
In a statement issues today they confirmed that Intelsat 901 has returned to service following the successful docking with the first Mission Extension Vehicle (MEV-1) from Northrop Grumman Corporation on February 25 – the first time that two commercial spacecraft docked in geostationary orbit.
Since the February rendezvous, MEV-1 has assumed navigation of the combined spacecraft stack reducing its inclination by 1.6° and relocating IS-901 to its new orbital location.
Intelsat then transitioned roughly 30 of its commercial and government customers to the satellite on April 2. The transition of service took approximately six hours. IS-901 is now operating at the 332.5°E (27.5w) orbital slot and providing full service to Intelsat customers.
This is good news for those in Southern Spain, Portugal, and who receive and hack into the encrypted feeds for the Satback service for their 10 UK TV channels, that serves as a back up to the Freeview distribution network.
Frequencies, and BISS codes remain the same (so far), and it looks like there has been little change in the signal footprint used for the Satback service…***hearing cheers from expats in the South of Spain and Portugal that they still have their UK TV from this service!!!**
Information > https://www.satandpcguy.com/intelsat-bbc-satback/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Subtitles on Channel 4 returning soon….for some
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Astra 2A frequencies moved to Astra 2E and 2F – better UK TV reception for many in Spain
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W