After this year’s season, RTL will end its live transmissions of Formula 1 races, which the German broadcaster has been showing on free-TV since 1991.
“The competition for the TV rights has changed, the market has partly overheated and thus left the quite ambitious, yet economically justifiable framework that we have set for ourselves,” said RTL managing director Jörg Graf. “We will now focus all our energy, passion and excitement on football as the number one TV sport and our recently acquired rights package.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- “Smart IPTV” App removed from Samsung Tvs.
- BBC iPlayer not heading for Subscription Fees – but going encrypted
- World Snooker Championship 2014: BBC coverage
- BBC One has unveiled details of its Christmas and New Year schedule