After this year’s season, RTL will end its live transmissions of Formula 1 races, which the German broadcaster has been showing on free-TV since 1991.
“The competition for the TV rights has changed, the market has partly overheated and thus left the quite ambitious, yet economically justifiable framework that we have set for ourselves,” said RTL managing director Jörg Graf. “We will now focus all our energy, passion and excitement on football as the number one TV sport and our recently acquired rights package.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Freesat drops a load of music channels