Viacom, who operate Channel Five, MTV and Nickelodeon channels, will be closing some of their channels on satellite soon.
Paramount +1 (Sky channel 250) closed today (14th July)
MTV Rocks, Club MTV and MTV OMG will all be discontinued 6am next Monday, July 20.
The “+1” channels for MTV, MTV Music and Comedy Central Extra will also be closing.
Apparently this is to blame on a drop in advertising due to Coronavirus, and the downturn in music channel viewing, where people can get their music fix instantly with the likes of Youtube.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB