Satellite Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
It is that time of year again when the Sun / Solar Outage can affect the power of satellite signals your satellite dish is receiving, resulting in a loss of some of the more weaker UK TV channels.
This is information for people who may be experiencing this for the first time, and a nice reminder for those that have lived here before
This occurrence happens in March and October for a couple of weeks every year, around the time of the Spring and Autumn equinox. In the northern hemisphere, sun outages occur before the March equinox (February, March) and after the September equinox (September and October).
This “satellite solar outage” happens at around 10.30 – 11.30 am and can last for upto 20 minutes.
Do not panic, your temporary loss of signals will resolve itself and just start working again as soon as the sun moves out of the position
It is also a good time for a bit of housekeeping, as you can use this outage time to see if there are any trees and shrubs casting shadows onto the dish, which means they can be reducing and blocking the signals from the satellite to your dish.
This can also have an effect on satellite signals at night, as 12 hours after the solar outage, the satellites are totally in the earths shadow, and receive no solar energy, and so rely on weak battery power, which reduced the signal output of the satellites for a few minutes.
More information on this solar outage can be found here : https://www.satandpcguy.com/uk-tv-astra-satellites/satellite-solar-outage/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Australian Open Tennis 2022 – UK TV Coverage – European TV Coverage
- Paramount Network TV channel to name change to 5Action
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- BBC Top 20 over the festive period
- 4k Freesat Boxes get large update
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- BBC Three launch date announce
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box