Back in 2018, Channel 4 removed its Channel 4 HD channel, and their on demand All4 service from Freesat, apparently due to a dispute over carriage fees.
(Although you could manually add Channel 4 HD back to your Freesat box – https://www.satandpcguy.com/2018/02/20/how-to-add-c4hd-to-your-humax-freesat-box/ )
However, today, it appears that Channel 4 HD may soon return to Freesat.
It has been reported that Channel 4 HD, and some of their music stations, Box KISS Magic Kerrang!, have now been added to a Freesat Service Description Table (SDT), which is used to identify services contained in MPEG transport streams.
And this could also mean the return of the All4 streaming service on Freesat boxes (although a VPN & Smart DNS service will be needed to access the “for UK only” content from outside the UK.)
This could be down to how Freesat and its “tv aerial” equivalent Freeview have now been “consolidated” together.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Australian Open Tennis 2022 – UK TV Coverage – European TV Coverage
- BBC Top 20 over the festive period
- Paramount Network TV channel to name change to 5Action
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- 4k Freesat Boxes get large update
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- BBC Three launch date announce