PDA

View Full Version : Telefonica/Movistar Internet TV - does it include internet?

niciliketo
31st March 2014, 08:41 AM
Hi,

I am visiting family over Easter and would like to use the internet when I am there. They have recently installed Internet TV because there was a problem with the satellite.

I understand it is provide by Telefonica/Movistar but I am not sure exactly what package they have, but they do have a 'flashing box'. Does anyone know whether the package is likely to include internet and/or wifi which I can use on my computer?

Many thanks,
Nic.

satandpcguy
31st March 2014, 07:53 PM
I would assume that as they have "Internet TV" then they have access to the internet, and so you should also be able to connect and use the internet on your PC.

Their internet provider will be Telefoncia / Movistar.
There will be an ADSL modem / router in their place that you should be able to connect to.

AS for Internet TV, difficult to say.
If it is just Telefoncia / Movistar Internet TV service, then there are very few English channels on there - they will only have the rights to Spanish channels.
If they have a "android" box, then they will be using XBMC and the free UK TV feeds from filmon.com for their internet TV.
If they have a MAG250 box, then they will be paying a monthly subscription to a third party who is providing (probably without any permission from the actual channels), access tot he free UK TV channels.

niciliketo
1st April 2014, 09:43 AM
Many thanks, this is really useful information.

Nic.