PDA

View Full Version : Freesat - new advert

satandpcguy
2nd October 2010, 04:34 PM
This is a new Freesat advertising campaign launched today, Saturday 2nd October 2010, to promote their TV Freesat satellite television service.

Freesat consists of more than 140 television and radio channels which can be received free of charge by one dish pointing to positions 28.2 ° East and 28.5 ° East and a Freesat receiver.

Note that a Sky box and a generic free to air receiver will also receive the free to air channels that Freesat receivers receive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSyxUsgcas4

sallyw
3rd October 2010, 10:36 PM
Would this be a stronger signal than the Sky one as we live in Galicia and are not able to pick up all the free channels, and also would the Freesat box make a difference in terms of viewing?

satandpcguy
3rd October 2010, 10:45 PM
Hi.

There are no seperate Sky and Freesat satellites. The BBC channels on Sky boxes use the same frequencies and same satellites as the BBC channels on Freesat boxes. So if you need a 1.8m dish to receive BBC1 on a Sky box, then you will still need a 1.8m dish for BBC1 on a Freesat box. IF you cannot receive BBC2 on your Sky box, then it is unlikely you will receive them using your current dish on a Freesat box.

If you have a Sky box and Sky card, then you can access the 2 ITV2 regions, C4 regions, and Five regions using the alternate frequencies - most of these are able to be received on a 80cm to 1m satellite dish.

Stronger ITV1 / C4 and Five frequencies (http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/extra_secret_frequencies_channels_sky.php)

Hope this helps

sallyw
4th October 2010, 11:26 AM
Hi, many thanks for your reply. I tried as you suggested the stronger signals for C4 (thanks to your website I can already get C5 and ITV) and it is coming up with a No Signal Found notice. Could this be that the dish needs moving, we have just upgraded to a 1.2m dish. Thanks.

satandpcguy
4th October 2010, 05:58 PM
It may be that in your location, Galicia, these beams for Irish C4s are not available, even on your 1.2m dish...I dont know ebough about the reception of these beam in your area to comment further.