PDA

View Full Version : Freesat Reception

jacton
9th February 2009, 08:16 AM
Just thought I would let you know that with my new Foxsat HD I am now receiving BBC2, 3, 4 C4 & C5 perfectly clear from around 1800 to 2300 each evening. I don't know if this is a sign of the lighter, longer days starting to be an influence.

I live in the black hole area of Algorfa which is probably one of the worst areas for reception. Its funny really cause on my Sky box I can only get C5 (I keep the Sky box for watching BBC Final Score which I can't get with the Foxsat) from the above list. So will stick to my new Foxsat.

satandpcguy
10th February 2009, 07:34 AM
hi
thanks for the info.
i thinkit is a seasonal issues, as in the past week or so, where i was getting bbc2 until 7 or 8pm at night, i am now getting it to 6pm at night.

i cant rememeber what skybox you have (a grundig i think) but it will confirm what i have found that HD receivers / tuners perform slightly better than sd receivers...

jacton
12th February 2009, 07:48 PM
Yes you are correct I have an old Grundig box (definitely now on the blink), but the Foxsat HD is getting those channels until late in the evening whereas up until recently I was getting nothing. So the HD is a much stronger box.

do you think this will continue through the summer?

satandpcguy
12th February 2009, 09:45 PM
well dont forget when the clocks go forward you "gain" an hours viewing...
but sometime you may find thathe heat, seahaze / mist in the summer can cause issues with reception..
and LNBs dont like extreme heat...(have you ever been standing in front of a dish at 12pm in July....it gets very hot so think how much the LNB has to take!) not to be recommended!!!
in general most HD tuners are very sensitive - and tend to perform as well as, if not better, than the legendary 2600..