PDA

View Full Version : Freesat Reception .

Ronboy
21st March 2009, 12:29 PM
I live a little further down the coast on Costa Almeria but hope you might help. At present I receive Sky through an old Grundig digi-box and a 1.2 m Channel master dish . I have no problem with reception of Sky . I now want to purchase a Humax freesat recorder and stop the Sky subsciption. Do you think I will encounter any problems. I realise I shall have to change the Lnb and cable etc and would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks. Ronboy.

satandpcguy
21st March 2009, 12:57 PM
if you are going for freeshat for the HD channles you will only get bbc hd or ITV HD if you can already receive a bbc (not bbc news or pariliament) or ITV channels. c4 HD is only on a sky box at the moment.

many more channels are available on a sky box without a sky card than on the freesat EPG! and with your sky card you can get those ITVS and c4 on the stronger signal (12402 and 12480)...which you cannot get on a freesat box.

you can get all the recording and playback functions with a sky+ box. you need any sky subscription for these to be activated. even witrh a skyhd+ box (and no HD subscription you will get BBCHD ITVHD and C4 for free. all other skyhd channles you will need to pay an extra 10permonth.

for either freeshat+ or sky+ you will need a twin output LNB as minimum and two cables from the LNB to the receiver.

Ronboy
22nd March 2009, 10:30 AM
Just to say thank you for all your advice .Think we will stay with Sky and get a Sky+ HD box. Once again thank you and I think the site is brilliant . Ron.