PDA

View Full Version : FREESAT

supershaw
7th September 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi
I visited the FREESAT site and read that you have to enter a UK post code into the box before it would work.if i entered my daughters UK postcode here in Spain would the box work the same as in the UK and can you get the FREESAT channels/

satandpcguy
8th September 2008, 07:33 AM
freesat uses the same satellite signals as the "sky" system, so as long as you have got the relevant size dish, you will get freesat.

the boxes rely on you to input your postcode so that your bbc and itv regions on the box are set accordingly.
but it may be advantageous to put in a postcode for the stongest signals for your area - in my area channel islands (both bbc and itv) are a strong signal - so i put in a jersey postcode.

janetmason
10th September 2008, 07:16 AM
What are the strong for BBC and ITV areas around Torrevieja?

satandpcguy
10th September 2008, 07:34 AM
i honestly dont know for certain, but i understand that the bbc ci and ITV CI are the strongest there also.

janetmason
10th September 2008, 07:48 AM
Thankyou, I have greatly appreciated all the help you and your forum have given me to try to set up a satisfactory satellite system. Thankyou again.

meliebee
13th September 2008, 04:18 PM
Supershaw,
My Humax Freesat box arrives later this week. As we both live in the same area (Albatera) I was wondering what area (regarding postcode) did you use when setting up the box to get the strongest signal? Did you by any chance get the strongest signal with the suggested Channel Island postcode?

Regards
Meliebee

satandpcguy
13th September 2008, 06:12 PM
for setting up freesat boxes for channel islands i use JE2 6QN - used the Post Offices address and postcode finder to find the address of the post office in jersey!!

meliebee
14th September 2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks Supershaw....I'm going for a 1.9 dish. Did you end up getting this size?