PDA

View Full Version : Humax Freesat HD digital box

meliebee
14th September 2008, 08:40 AM
I plan to use the Humax Freesat HD Digi-box (model Foxsat-HD,buy in Argos in UK, 150) as part of my new satellite set-up. My area in Albatera is prone to power cuts, at least 2 per week, sometimes the power goes off for 2 seconds, sometimes an hour.....if we get a power cut does anyone know if this box looses its settings and I have to mess about re-setting it?

I realise the easy answer is to buy an UPS (uninteruptable power supply) but thats another 80 approx to spend.

I already have a power surge voltage & satellite cable protector plug-in unit for my current system.

Thanks
Meliebee

satandpcguy
14th September 2008, 10:11 AM
if you have HD TV with HDMI, it may be worth while waiting for the Humax HD PVRs to become available. these will have a built in hard disk and will allow you to pause live TV or record tv with out tapes, and allowyou to watch one channels while recording another just like the Sky+ receiver. these receivers will be available later this year.

you will then need two cables from the dish to the receiver.

i advise my clients about the benefits of a PVR (like freesat PVR or Sky+) and the requirement for two cables for future equipment. its best lay two cable runs during the initial install, rather than calling back trhe instllers in a few months time to lay more cable...