PDA

View Full Version : ITV HD

jacton
6th June 2010, 11:18 AM
I am over here on an extended holiday, after living here for the previous two years. Back in February 2010 I could access ITV Hd via the red button but now I cannot access it either via the red button or on its specific channel on my Foxsat HD box.

Has the frequency changed I tried a re-scan but still it just come up with 'No or bad signal'. I can view it via the non-freesat mode on channel number 5401 listed as 4051. I have also lost the signal to radio channel Magic, which also comes up with the same message.

I am using post code Hp4 1RR, and changing the BBC1 from London to East Anglia for local new.

Any Idea's if I am doing something wrong

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 11:43 AM
ITV HD has gone through a number of changes recently..with more to come.

ITV1HD on freesat boxes is now a dedicated channel....but it is on a frequency that is similar to BBC2 - so it will not be available all day even on the big dishes.

The 4051 you have seen is the test for STV HD..expected to officially launch later this week...its on a frequency similar to BBC1 CI.

It is also expected that there will be a few other version of ITV1HD launched soon...

These links
http://satandpcguy.com/forum/itv-hd-region-changes-soon-t2554.html

http://satandpcguy.com/forum/itv-hd-on-sky-hd-epg-from-april-t1815.html

takes you to posts on this form explaining the coming changes....

Magic Radio is not on the current freesat radio list...
700 BBC Radio 1
701 BBC 1Xtra
702 BBC Radio 2
703 BBC Radio 3
704 BBC Radio 4 FM
705 BBC Radio Five Live
706 BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra
707 BBC 6 Music
708 BBC 7
709 BBC Asian Network
710 BBC Radio 4 LW
711 BBC World Service
712 BBC Radio Scotland
713 BBC Radio nan Gaidheal
714 BBC Radio Wales
715 BBC Radio Cymru
716 BBC Radio Ulster
718 BBC London 94.9 (available on London postcode only)
719 Capital FM
720 Choice FM
721 Classic fm
722 Gold
723 XFM
724 Absolute Radio
725 Absolute Class Rock
726 Absolute Xtreme
727 NME Radio
728 WRN Radio
729 Jazz FM
730 Planet Rock
731 talkSPORT
750 RTÉ Radio 1
751 RTÉ Radio 2 FM
752 RTÉ Lyric FM
753 Raidió na Gaeltachta
777 Insight Radio
786 BFBS Radio
790 TWR Radio

and it is on the same frequency it has been on for the last few years
11623 H

jacton
6th June 2010, 12:04 PM
thanks for you prompt reply I used to get Magic on 5705 in non freesat mode but now it just say 'no or bad signal'

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 12:13 PM
thanks for you prompt reply I used to get Magic on 5705 in non freesat mode but now it just say 'no or bad signal'
maybe rescanning that particular frequency may help....if they have changed a setting...

jacton
6th June 2010, 02:38 PM
Just tried to do a re-scan and its telling me that 'no satellite signal' and I have now lost all my channels. If the dish was out would this happen. The rest of the channels were working fine earlier today, so am now worried.

I have just plugged in an old Sky box that also worked back in February but this too is giving me the 'no satellite signal signal is being received' message

I just cant understand what has happened as I said up to doing the rescan I was listening to Capital Gold radio via the Foxsat and now nothing.

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 02:42 PM
Well if you have an issue on two boxes then it could be:
a dish alignment problem
an LNB problem
a cableing problem.

There have been strong winds and lots of rain since February which could have casued problems with your system.

Especailly as Magic radio should be able to be received on a small 80cm dish in most of Spain.....

(have you done the changing of thew sky boxes default transponder to help it boot up from an alternate frequency...?)

jacton
6th June 2010, 02:49 PM
I have followed your instruction to change the default transponder to the correct one 12129, I have just walked outside and noticed that where the dish is on my upstairs neighbours sun terrace he has a large sun umbrella that looks to be in direct line to the 28.2 direction (obviously without going up there i can't be certain) but would this cause the problem of not being able to find a satellite signal when retuning, (also on the Foxsat I am getting the message that the postcode is 'not valid' and I know it is), and not stop the strong signals from still working if tuned in already.

jacton
6th June 2010, 03:15 PM
Just an update

I have now re tuned in non freesat mode and it worked fine, but when i try to tune in freesat mode it is now telling me 'invalid postcode. Please check your postcode' the postcode I am using is JE2 4WH which is a valid postcode.

Still at least I have non freesat so I can still watch my footie

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 03:29 PM
Anything that blocks the line of sight from the dish to the satellite can cause problems with reception - with wekaer channels like BBC and ITV going first.

Re postcode - the Freesatboxes look at one frequency for their data...if this frequency is unavailable, it cannot allocated yur correct BBC and ITV and C4 regions to 101, 102, 103 and 104 as per your postcode.......

So it sounds like you cannot recevie the freesat "default transponder" for whatever reasons...ie brolly disrupting signal, dish alingment, LNB issue, cabling issue.....

Freesats data is only on one frequency, so you cannot do the "change frequency" trick to help the boxes boot up like you can on Sky....

jacton
6th June 2010, 03:40 PM
I have been up on the terrace now and checked all connections and looked for any obstructions and there are no problems.

Non freesat retune has worked but freesat will not accept any postcode I try to enter.

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 04:32 PM
Again, if you are not receiveing the frequency where the freesat EPG sites, then it will not go past the postcode chaeck - as it has not frequency to check that postcode!!!!

in nonfreestmode scan
11428 H 27500 2/3
This is where the freesat EPG is.

If it scans then one of the radio stations it should receive is "RADIO RABBI".

(this is also where the ITVHD "red button" option is and may also be why this is not working.

If it does not scan this frequency then your dish need realigning, LNB needs changing or realigning or cabling has gone (water in the cable, split in the cable, short circuiting). Sometime redoing all the connections is better than "just looking".

Until the freesat box is able to scan this frequency the box will not load up the freesat EPG or go past the postcode check.

jacton
6th June 2010, 04:47 PM
Just tried your recommendation, although it comes up with 11428 H 27500 A, and not 2/3 at the end it give me the error message 'No channels found'

So I need to get someone in. What about if I connect my box to somebody else's dish, I know it will not cure my problem but will it clear the box and allow me to use it temporarily with limited channels available?

satandpcguy
6th June 2010, 05:17 PM
So, you do have a problem with that frequency (dish LNB cable etc) and thats stopping hte box from loading up correctly.

You can try it on someones dish, but when it comes back to yours your may find that the programme guide may not work....

jacton
6th June 2010, 05:39 PM
Once again many thanks for your advice as usual its always spot on, just wish you worked down here. I'll try using a neighbours and see what happens, but as long as I have got my footie in HD I will put up with the problem.

I'll get this sorted out next time I'm over in September

Once again many thanks