PDA

View Full Version : True Movies

John Ruddy
22nd August 2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Guys,

A recent problem I hope you can help with.

I have ALWAYS enjoyed perfect reception for True Movies 1, true Movies 2 and True Movies channels. Even during the worst atmospheric conditions when other channels were affected these 3 provided strong and stable signals.

About 4 days ago I lost the EPG for all 3 of these channels.

A day later I lost the signal for all 3 and it has not been restored.

My digibox tells me that it 'cannot connect' and shows that there is only a very low grade signal being identified.

I have tried to re-tune the digibox but without success. It does not recognise any signal or any channel from the True Movies transponder.

No other channels seem to have been affected.

Is the problem mine or is it a fault at the satellite end?

Have these 3 channles been moved somewhere else?

What can I do to recover them?

Thanks in anticipation.

John

satandpcguy
22nd August 2011, 01:36 PM
Hi

You may need to read this from the news section:

http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?77458-Frequency-changes-for-True-Movies-on-Sky-Freesat-and-Generic-receivers-in-Spain

where in the last few days the True Movies group of channels changed their frequencies.

So you simply need to scan the new frequency 11307V 27500 2/3 and the channels should come back.

But note that the new frequency is not as "strong" as the last one, so reception may not be as it was, especiaally if you are using a smaller satellite dish.

John Ruddy
23rd August 2011, 09:23 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the rapid response.

I can now confirm that peace, tranquility and True Movies have now been restored in my home.

I searched the site before I raised this thread but I did not see the news item that already existed and which clearly answered my query. My only excuse is that there is such a plethora of useful and interesting information here I got so confused I was unable 'to see the wood for the trees.'

Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good work.

John

satandpcguy
23rd August 2011, 10:18 PM
The simpliest way of finding things is to use the search box at the top of the page....
Just typing in "true movies" brings this thread as first and the "news thread" second...

And thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

John Ruddy
26th March 2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Again,

Same problem but a different channel. I've tried searching for information bur can't find any. Can you please help again?

I have always had excellent signal reception from all the CBS channels. Even when other channels could not be received due to weather, etc., these were always avaiable. It seemed like you could pick up a signal from them with a bent coat hanger.

A few days ago I lost the signal for the CBS Reality channel. - I can still receive CBS Reality+1 and CBS Drama but but not CBS Reality itself. I've tried re-tuning but that hasn't help. - Is it no longer available or has it been moved? - It is still listed on your siute as a channel I should be able to receive.

Thanks again.

John

satandpcguy
26th March 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi John,

Please see
http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?91374-Important-Sky-TV-and-Freesat-TV-Channel-Frequency-changes-and-updates&p=102793&viewfull=1#post102793

where we posted that CBS Reality changed frequencies a few days ago.

John Ruddy
28th March 2012, 11:22 AM
Ok Guys - The magic worked again. Many thanks.

I also found the info about Channel 5 now being available and I'm now able to watch those channels as well.

Keep up the good work !!!

John