Thread: Sky box & TDT

Thanks

Sky box & TDT

I have been out of Spain for several weeks but since returning my digital in built TV tuner seems to have stopped working and I cannot get any Spanish channels. My upstairs neighbour has his working and we run of the same feed so I can only assume its my TV that's gone wrong. Especially as last evening all of a sudden my TV wanted to tune in all the Spanish digital channels which it did but then i could not get them again, when switching back to my sat dish then back to digital, so I am pretty sure its my TV tuner that's gone wrong.

Is there any way I can use an old SKY box to tune into Spanish TDT service. I have an aerial connected to my property. I will need to purchase a set top box, what would you recommend?

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi

A Sky box is for use with a satellite dish only.
    Although it has a TV tuner inside, via the TV aerial sockets, this is for ANALOGUE TV only.

Sounds like the TV has gone - I dont know where you are exactly, but we have hadd a few thuner and lightening storms around the area, so maybe these have affected the TV.

So maybe get your TV checked out, as if you buy a set top box the TV may still not work correctly, and may decide to seach for Spanish channels again by itsself.

More and more TDT HD channels are coming on line - TVHD and C9 HD are available in a few areas, and i dare say in the next few months or so Ant3 and maybe even Sexta may start HD tests. Also, look for one with a USB port - you can use this ports witha USB drive to record off SPanish TV - and in many cases you can also use this as an input to play back downloaded and other AVI and MP3...if your TV does not already have USB capabilities.

PS another 9-1 win today to make you "evenmoreahappyhotspur"?
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks
    Many thanks for your response

It will probably be 0-1 to Wigan this year, lightening may have hit my TV but it don't stick the same place twice does it?

Thread Information