Thread: No TDT signal. Require Spanish channels on satellite.

Satellite dish being used
    If you input your Satellite Dish Size and Edit this field in your user profile (settings edit profile), and it makes it easier for others to know what equipment you are using.
    Thanks

No TDT signal. Require Spanish channels on satellite.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the normal terrestrial Spanish TV channels on satellite for a reasonable cost.*

We live in an area which the local installer believes has no terrestrial TDT coverage. The local installer is based nearby in Torrox and we found his details from*http://www.sattdt.es/ConsultaInstaladores.aspx

My current understanding is that an Albertis registered installer can install satellite if they confirm that TDT reception is zero or very poor.

The local Torrox installer is Albertis registered and can provide a receiver box, install an 80cm dish and point it at the Hispasat satellite at 30 west. The cost quoted is €350 for supply and fit (believed to be €250 for receiver box and €100 for dish, incl fitting).

My questions are:
    - Does the price seem reasonable (I don't have any make model details I'm afraid)?
    - Do I need to purchase the installer supplied specific receiver box and/or decoder card? i.e Could I buy the receiver box cheaper from somewhere else and if so what make and model would you suggest?
    - Is a decoder card required (presumably yes as the channels are encrypted)?
    - How does this setup differ from the Canal + pay subscription (www.plus.es) other than there is no monthly subscription?
    - Does the 'rule' still apply that only Albertis registered installers can provide the satellite installation for areas they confirm has*no TDT coverage?*

Other points to note:
    - we already have a dish of approx 1.5m installed pointing at I believe Astra 28 east as I pickup encrypted English channels (on a generic receiver box)
    - my sky HD box gives me a 'no satellite signal is being received' message but I'll try the default transponder change mention on this fountain of knowledge site.*
    - we would prefer not to have 2 dishes but understand it's physically impossible to get 28 east and 30 west on one dish.*

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by golfgtiman View Post
    My questions are:
    - Does the price seem reasonable (I don't have any make model details I'm afraid)?
    Yes the price seems reasonable. I thnk it is a standard price they have for the installation of the kit.

- Do I need to purchase the installer supplied specific receiver box and/or decoder card? i.e Could I buy the receiver box cheaper from somewhere else and if so what make and model would you suggest?
    I doubt that you can buy it cheaper anywhere else.
    They are specific receivers with specific cards for their system. And supply is tightly controlled.

- Is a decoder card required (presumably yes as the channels are encrypted)?
    Yes. The TDT channels via satellite are enctpyted and require the receiver and card to watch.
    All these are supplied by the Abiertis installer.

- How does this setup differ from the Canal + pay subscription (www.plus.es) other than there is no monthly subscription?
    With Canal+ you get more chanenls, as you are paying for them.
    Also, I do not think that all TDT channels are available on Canal+ - its been a while since I have checked.
    Here are the channels on Canal+ : http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dphispa.html
    I can only see one "La Sexta" channel on there - no Sexta 2 or 3.

But then I am not entirely sure if ALL TDT channels are available on TDT Para Satellite.

- Does the 'rule' still apply that only Albertis registered installers can provide the satellite installation for areas they confirm has*no TDT coverage?*
    Normally Yes.
    The requirements for the boxes are quite "strict" and so the boxes are not available to all installers and their supply are tightly controlled. They can be got without going through the red tape, but at a premium price.

- my sky HD box gives me a 'no satellite signal is being received' message but I'll try the default transponder change mention on this fountain of knowledge site.
    Cheers.
    It only requires the changing of the frequency for helping the box boot up after a power cut.

- we would prefer not to have 2 dishes but understand it's physically impossible to get 28 east and 30 west on one dish.*
    Correcto. 28 esat and 30 west are a bit too far apart to get on one "non movable" dish.
    Last edited by satandpcguy; 9th August 2012 at 12:56 PM.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to satandpcguy For This Useful Post:

golfgtiman (9th August 2012)

If you input your Satellite Dish Size and Edit this field in your user profile (settings edit profile), and it makes it easier for others to know what equipment you are using.
    Thanks

Talking

Thanks very much for the speedy and complete response.

I'll press on and get the installer round.

(I searched everywhere online to try and find answers to my questions but the info was nowhere to be found... Thanks again!)

Thread Information