Thread: BBC Red Button in Greece

Satellite dish being used
    If you input your Satellite Dish Size and Edit this field in your user profile (settings edit profile), and it makes it easier for others to know what equipment you are using.
    Thanks

BBC Red Button in Greece

Hello
    hope you are fine and well
    I live in Athens Greece, lost all the BBC red buttons
    is there a way to add them again on the "add channels" of sky box?
    thanks

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    If your satekllite dish is big enough to receive a BBC TV channels, then simply press the Red Button on that BBC Channel.
    This will take you to the BBC Text / Red Button service where you can access the Red button service.

But note that now, instead of 5 streams, there is not only 1 Red Button service.
    And this lone Red Button "stream" shares a frequency with other BBC TV channels.

For more information see:
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/sho...m-October-2012
    and
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/sho...n-October-2012
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

If you input your Satellite Dish Size and Edit this field in your user profile (settings edit profile), and it makes it easier for others to know what equipment you are using.
    Thanks
    Hello

till yesterday I used to get some things on the red button, today as i told ya no signal at all, all the BBC i had on "added channels" (sky HD box) now have no signal

As you are mine of knowledge i checked many things on your forum et was glad too catch about the permanently delete programs or how to restore them : super didnt know i could do that

Also you showed a pick of "BBC player , ITV player etc.." for the "on demand" , hummmm couldnt find this so far , it is many on the next new model?

On the "add channels" i have the group 4= C4 more4 etc.. that i do watch a lot, they added lately 4seven : how to get that channel, if you can tell me the frequency drill

Hope et pray that I will continue to receive in Greece C4 .....

ITV1 =no way to get it now it seems, but i have ITV2, 3, 4 HD , these are fine

As for 5USA and 5* I heard that it's impossible to get them here

Thanks so much for your reply
    thanks for teaching me so much

Have a great week end

Thanks
    Hi,
    Like i siad all BBC hcannels are now on Astra 1N (soon Astra2F) which is now harder for you to receive in Greece. Hence your loss of BBC Red Buttona and now radio channels.

The on demand systems are only on Sky+HD boxes. And to access content you need to hide your IP address or use a UK VPN.

4seven is on sky channels 140. If you cannot receive BBC channels, then you will not receive 4seven.

ITV2HD, ITV3HD, ITV43HD are on a different satellite to their standard definition channels, so reception will be different. The down side is that they are part of the Sky HD subscription.

The Fives are on the same satellite as the BBCs, is again, if you cannot receive BBC Channels, you will not be able to receive the Fives.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply
    all the best

Thanks
    Hi

We are unable to receive any of the BBC channels or the BBC Red Button which we had until yesterday.

We can receive ITV1 and all the Five's. We can also receive 4SEVEN. We have a fairly aged Sky Box.

Will we be able to receive the Red Button service again? My son watches a lot of the sport on there.

We have a small satellite dish and have no space for a big one (or money to buy one at the moment). We have no trouble receiving the above mentioned channels, but would really like the Red button service back. We have never received the main BBC channels or Channel 4.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Many Thanks

Thanks
    If you cannot receive the BBC channels then you will not be able to receive the BBC Red Button streams. Or rather "stream" - singular as it is now.

They / it has moved from its nice and easy to receive frequency (which you had before), to a compleyely different satelite whose reception is harder to receive than before. You will have also notice you have lost reecption of the BBC Radios also! )All expelined in the links in a previous post)

Which, along with ITV, C4 and Fives, is expected to become even harder to receive when these channels move to the new Astra 2F satellite, expected to be any time from mid November..
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does this mean that I would need a bigger satellite dish to pick up these channels in future or is it going to be impossible? We have thought about the idea of getting internet tv, but have heard lots of bad reports about it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi,

At the moment, since Feb 2012 and for the next few weeks, they can be picked up on a 1m satellite dish.
    When they move to Astra 2F, the new satellite, then you will need a much bigger dish. The exact size you need we do not know, and will not know until the satellite is operational, but it is expected you will need at least either a 1.8m or 2.4m satellite dish to receive BBC channels (like was the norm a year or so ago)

Internet TV is an option, but there are some limitations: buffering and pausing, relatively low quality when compared to satellite, the larger the screen, the worse the quality. We have been testing a number of "internet tv" options, although they do work, its the quality that lets the thing down ( see http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/uk_t...t_spain_pc.php )
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thread Information