Thread: Triax re-scan?

Thanks

Triax re-scan?

I have a high-gain 1.37m Freesat systems using a Triax receiver and was wondering if it's safe for me to do a re-scan. Primarily because I think some of the channels may have changed their locations. I am worried that if I did a re-scan I might somehow lose any 'special' TP codes, etc. that may have been entered by the installers. (I've tried contacting them but their receptionist doesn't know and the engineer has not returned my phone message). Your help & advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome,

You are correct in doing a rescan. Especially today, if you want to get the uptodate BBC1 and BBC2 regions on their new frequencies - Important-changes-to-BBC-TV-frequencies-this-weekend-18-10-2010-Spain

Normally a rescan will scan all the stored transponder frequencies for that satelite group.
    A rescan should not delete any transponder frequencies.
    Normally only a factory reset and a manual delete can remove transponder frequencies.
    I dont know of any special frequencies they may have input - unless they added a few that are not in the receivers databse when a factory reset is done.
    But normally, when doing a search, if you select a NIT or Network seaxcrh, the receiver will (should!) scan all frequencies it finds - each frequency on the satellites carries a data table and lists all the frequencies onthat particular satellite group, so the receiver read that datalist and scan those frequencies...saves having to manually input frequencies.

Anyway, if you do a scan, and find that it has not picked up some channels, let us know and we can let you have the frequencies for a manual scan....

But remember to do the scan when you know the signals are at their strongest for your area....ie when you know you get the most channels (like do it when you can get BBC2 England!)

Hope this helps
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks
    Thanks satandpcguy.
    Have just successfully done a re-scan and have found I've (currently) got BBC2 from Wales and N.I., which I didn't have before. Result !!

One more question, given the BBC frequency changes can you tell me please what now is the strongest channel for BBC1 reception in the Costa Blanca, (Torrevieja region)?

Thanks again.

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    None of the BBC1 regions are on a frequency that is as strong as BBC Channel Islands was one.

In theory the next best should be those on 10818v ie...
    BBC One South
    BBC One South West
    BBC One North East & Cumbria
    BBC One Oxford
    BBC One Northern Ireland
    BBC Two Northern Ireland

That is until 3rd Novmeber, and BBC 1 HD lanuches....which will be on the old BBC CI frequency!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information