Thread: torresat signal to re-broadcast ????

Thanks

torresat signal to re-broadcast ????

Do you think I am write in thinking our urb are using the torresat signal to re-broadcasting to the community!!!!!!!! there is a 2.4m dish which they are using

To explain my thoughts

Each person paid one of payment of 200e five months ago, 250e if you wish to have it now
    Channel list did not include bbc2 channel 5 or sky news!!!!! Ok everyone seemed happy-ish
    Now five months later the installers have offered the community another one of payment of 20e which they will now receive bbc2 channel 5 plus sky news!!!!!!

Plus another offer for the community for a yearly payment of 70e for this they will receive sky sports plus a lot more which I donít know just how many channels

The thing that makes me suspicious now is all of a sudden right next to there 2.4m dish a small 1.2m dish has appeared !!!!!!! the people who have paid get bbc2 and channel 5
    ((( Twenty four seven )))) the installers have had to go into everyoneís house and re-tune the boxes frequencies on every station even if you havenít gone for the upgrade they are offering they still need to re-tune the frequencies !!!! plus now they have lost the use of having a favourites on there tv they have to scroll down the channels as a list ??? this I think if they all had torresat
    Boxes the channel favourite option would be available ????
    Would you think I am right in thinking there is something going on hear which is illegal

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: torresat signal to re-broadcast ????

i think something fishy is going on.

if your community system has been installed correctly, you should, on a sky box, be able to receive Sky News (channel 501).
    on other "non sky boxes" you should be able to receive sky news by scanning the frequency 12207 v 27.5 2/3
    if the system has not been installed correctly you wil not get these.

it depends how exactly they have installed the system...
    a properly installed system means everyone has access to all FTA satellite channels.
    in some installations, they are be installed to only allow a selection of frequencies.
    the former requires new cables from the dish, to the distribution points and to receivers in each appartment, the latter means the sat signals are "mixed" into the existing system, and therefore may not be available on sky boxes.

bbc2 and freesat version of five is only available with a very big dish, it is on a weak horizontal channel, and will not be available 24/7 on anything less than a 4m dish (in my area at least!)
    if you get bbc2 and freesat 5 24/7 and do not have a 4m dish then it is coming via a rebroadcaster.

a subscription for sky sports is £36 per month. if you get these without your own personal a sky viewing card then you are not getting these channels directly from Sky, and by "illegal" means. to view pay tv channels legally you MUST have your own PAY TV viewing card.

i think your community may be using a mixture of satellite and rebroadcast system...the 2.4 for the sat signals and 1.2 for the rebroadcaster...

EDIT: just looked at your other post post365.html#p365 and yes it looks like they have not installed a "proper" community installation. They have justed "mixed" some of the UK TV signals into the existing system and so limiting the choice and availability.
    Personally if i were on the community I would ask why I am unable to use my own personal Sky box and get all the sky channels I pay for...why can I only get certain ones...they will not of course give the answrer of "it was not installed correctly!"
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Thanks for reply
    Yes I thought there was a con !!!!! like I have said in previous posts
    I have my own 1.8m dish plus a 1.2m motorised dish which I receive everything I need

The reason I am interested in the communal set-up is that a good friend here on the urb is using the system and isnít happy and worried it could go off, if they have hacked torresat and when inevitably they get shut down obviously the whole urb will go off ??? I smelt a rat when he informed me about re-setting frequencies for each channel they received then code the box !!!!!!!!! he did asked for the code so he if he had to do a re-scan he could. They told him he could not have the code because he would be able see the channel frequencies !!!! and pass the information on to some one who had not paid for the upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i honestly donít think the president knows the system isnít all together legal ?? plus donít know if he could get in trouble

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

he did asked for the code so he if he had to do a re-scan he could. They told him he could not have the code because he would be able see the channel frequencies !!!! and pass the information on to some one who had not paid for the upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i honestly donít think the president knows the system isnít all together legal ?? plus donít know if he could get in trouble
    So this confirms then that all is not legit and that the have both systems on the community.
    It also proves that the 2.4m community dish is not installed correctly, as if it were then ANY SKY box should work perfectly on the system.

It could be an idea to see what the community requested, vs what they got. If they asked for all UK free to air channels, then they most definatly have not got them all, and can cause "problems" with the installer...doing it on the "cheap" so to speak.

And by now saying they can upgrade for the rebroadcast system which would give them the free channels like bbc and itv anytway...meaning that the big dish did not need to be installed.....!

personally i think someone is playing the communoity there...

and be wary of any rebroadcaster showing encrypted channels...like sky sports....many (if not all) have stopped this as this is against the spanish law (that seems to say if it is a free channels it is OK to rebroadcast (although they have nicley omitted the "with the channels permission part of the law!), but not an encrypted channel)
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

just found out receiving BBC 3 plus BBC 4 defiantly a rebroadcast

Thread Information