Thread: 11778 and Pace 2600 forced upgrade

Satellite dish being used
    80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky Pace box
    Thanks

11778 and Pace 2600 forced upgrade

Apologies in advance if this has all been answered previously.
    I have a Pace 2600 in Valencia with an 80cm dish and an authorised Sky white card.
    Before authorising the card I had the full EPG up to the 900s, but no 4 digit channels. Since authorising the card and attempting to force update the box (stuck on 3.2.11 EPG) I either go down to 4 channels or around 290) - but everything like 501 - Sky News,etc has disappeared. I can add them through add channels but there is nothing in the EPG. From what I can gather from reading the various forums I need to wait for Sky's mystical bimonthly or so update to be sent to the box. I can't pick up 11778 so followed the advice in this forum to pick up channels initially (changing the default transponder) - will this mean that I won't pick up any update which might bring my EPG into the 21st century? Forced update hasn't worked. Is there any other way of solving this problem?
    Thanks for any advice!

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome.
    Depending where you are in Valencia, you should be able to, on an 80cm dish, be able to pick up 11778 in the morning. I am in Gandia and get it until about 1pm on my 80cm dish and on a few digiboxes that do not perform the same as a 2600.
    11778 needs the dish to be aligned well, and the LNB skew to be correct - we are talking millimeters here - to get 11778.
    You will know if you are receiving 11778 as the Sky background music wil be playing.
    Only then should you attempt a manual software update.

But, if you have some channels, leave the box turned on and eventually the box should automatically dopwnload the new software (3.8.8). Some peopel have waited about 6 weeks for their pace 2600 to autoupdate!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

80cm dish
    Sky Pace box
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for the advice!I'm in Montroy. Will the Sky background music be playing when I'm on the EPG? Have I gone down to 4 channels on the EPG as I've done a manual software update (turn off, back up, wait til all lights back on, etc.) when I haven't been picking up 11778. Thanks again and the site it bloody brilliant by the way!

80cm dish
    Sky Pace box
    Thanks

One other thing!

I am currently picking up ITV/Channel 4 (until about 9pm) and Five on the Other Channels - after following the advice on your site. Should this mean I am pointing in the right direction to pick up the automatic update? Still only got EPG up to about 290 (so no news or music channels) and no music on the EPG.Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by escapeman View Post
    Thanks so much for the advice!I'm in Montroy. Will the Sky background music be playing when I'm on the EPG? Have I gone down to 4 channels on the EPG as I've done a manual software update (turn off, back up, wait til all lights back on, etc.) when I haven't been picking up 11778. Thanks again and the site it bloody brilliant by the way!
    In Montory you should have no problems getting 11778 until about 1pm, and then maybe from about 10pm.
    On freq 11778 is the full 87 day EPG and the background music, so if you get either of these then you are getting 11778.
    If you asre not getting them then probably your dish needs a tweak, the LNB skew needs a tweak, or thje LNB is an old one (I have replaced a .7db one today for a newer 0.2db one!)

If you use ITVs on 11973 you should get these 24/7.
    You should easily get those ITVs on 12402 and C4s on 12480 24/7 where you are, even on some of the worst sky boxes there are. So if you are losing them at 9pm night, then you have some form of alignment issue.

Guess where I passed by on Tuesday.....???
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain

80cm dish
    Sky Pace box
    Thanks

Thanks

Thanks a lot for that info! Can't believe you were in Montroy - bad timing eh?! Do you come up here often? I guess I'm going to need some professional help!
    If it's a problem with the LNB skew I assume that's not something I as an amateur can do without totally mucking it up! (can I tell which LNB I have?)
    re the EPG - not getting any music and nor am I getting most of the listings so I guess there is something wrong! If I change the default transponder to 11778 in the morning signal test shows the signal to be about a third of the bar but with good quality. Still not getting Channel 4 after 9pm though - unless it rains when it lasts longer!
    Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks
    You may not get the backgound music if you have turned this option off.
    Services, 4, Sound options, Background Music

But if you are getting 11778 then you will be able to get the full 7 day programme listings and information.

The signal test screen is not the best, sometimes it will show 11778, other times it will show the channel frequency you were last watching, especailly on older software versions.

I can tell you that, at the moment, I am not due to be in your area at all next week. PM or email me some contact details and I will see what I can do the next time I know I am going to be in the area - or if you know of a few people who may need some help then a "multi job" trip would be worth while sinces its about an hour from my base.
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thread Information