Thread: Firmware Update

Thanks

Firmware Update

Hi, I have a Pace 2600 and the new white card.When I switched on last night on all the extra channels I got "This card is not for this box", I also found the firmware was not the latest 3.8.8. Can someone tell me how to update the firmware? From reading the forum I understand the card may have gone to sleep, I have to unplug the box each evening as it shares with another one downstairs, I will have to find a way round that, thanks Sam Stuart

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi and HNY,

The card message "wrong card for this set top box" on all FTV / pay tv channels means the card has missed its "update" signal from the satellite - not helped if the card is in the box you are switcing off at night as I understand the signals to reawake are sent at about 2pm and 2am - or thats when I have noticed card to reawake!
    To reawake it you must leave it in a sky box, that is getting a signal from the satellite, and the card will eventually wake up.

The sky boxes will automatically update the software to the latest when they fnd the stream. This stream is normally on 11778.

If you cannot receive this frequency at any time of the day, then you will not be able to manually update the firmware.

You know if you are getting the 11778 frequency as you will be able to get the full 7 day programme listing, and the background music will play when you go to the sky menu system. (you can also go to Sky SPorts News 405 - if you get no signal message then you will not get the 11778 frequency - they are on very similar frequencies!). The 117878 frequency tends to be strongest in Spain first thing in the morning and late at night.

You can then to a manual firmware update:
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/manu..._receivers.php
    But there is no gaurentee that the latest version will be on stream for your box, as they rotate availability of firmwares. I have waited some 6 weeks to update a 2600 once!

Although, you should still be able to use the sky box with no problems even if your software is version 3.6.x.x or 3.7.x., so no great worry if it does not update immediately.

Until you have two cables from a twin LNB going to the two receivers, you will have to turn one box off to use the other especially if you are only using one cable from the LNB to feed the two boxes.
    Last edited by satandpcguy; 1st January 2011 at 12:47 PM.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

Firmware update

Thanks for the info and the very quick reply, unfortunately I share the sat with two neighbours so can't run a second feed. If I transfer cards, I can leave the downstairs box on, does that work or is it the box that updates and not the card?....Sam Stuart

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    As long as the sky card is in a sky box that is getting a signal, it will eventually wake up.
    You can use ANY sky cards in ANY sky box, but for Sky Sports and Movies, they will only work in their "paired" box.
    And ANY Sky card will eventually wake up in ANY Sky box, again as long as that box is getting a signal from the satellites.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information