Thread: Channel 5

Thanks

Channel 5

have been using a sky + box with a 1.9 mtr dish for just over a year now ( no bbc2 or ch4 tho)just outside torrevieja. about a month ago channel 5 started breaking up and as we kept being prompted to insert our new sky card we thought that was the cause, and when we put a new card in it would be cured. not a chance! have installed the new sky card and still " no signal being received" on 5. anyone else with the same problem? have i missed some news or info somewhere? or any ideas where i start in an attempt to retreive the 5 signal.
    Cheers

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: Channel 5

Hi

One of the four "sky card" regions of FIVE, that was easily receiveable on an 80cm dish, has been mapped to the freesat version of five, which is on the same frequency (and therefore reception the same as) BBC2.

You will have to add one of the other FIVE regions to your other channels list (you cannot Sky+ anything in the other channels list thou!)

See this thread
    http://satandpcguy.com/forum/five-is...o-2d-t364.html
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

thanks for that link, have tried the 12422 as suggested. i just get a msg "no signal".
    have tried other frequencies without sucess. any ideas??
    regards

Thanks

the other three "sky" easy to get FIVEs are on the same frequency as Fiver and Five USA.

So if you can get those then you can get the other three Sky FIVES - which you should easily be able to do on on your dish.

they are still there as I just got them on my 80cm dish!!

Are you sure you changed the polarisaion to H - as V will get you no signal.

Sometimes you may have to unplug your box, and reboot it, make sure you get sky news, then add the frequencies, as sontimes messing around with hte frequncies can "lock" the box.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain

Thanks

tried re booting and then adding frequencies and changing settings. still the same "no signal" msg. however i can get the five usa and fiver in std and + 1 formats as clear as a whistle.!!! confused of torry
    regards

Thanks

so am I....as if you can get the fivers and fives USAs oyu should be alble to get the three other FIVES that are also on that frequency.....

maybe, when you have booted your box up and can get Sky News, try going to the default transponder, change that to 11778 or even 12422 H, and then go to the manual add channels and see what happens.
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thanks

confused even more so of torry!!
    re booted system, reset transponder t0 12207 ( my normal setting) went to "man add channels" no signal msg.
    tried the frquencies you suggested and they were the same. now, i;m wondering if i'm doing something very basically wrong. i have followed your info sheet to the letter ( i beleive) but am i missing something??
    regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulc307
    confused even more so of torry!!
    re booted system, reset transponder t0 12207 ( my normal setting) went to "man add channels" no signal msg.
    tried the frquencies you suggested and they were the same. now, i;m wondering if i'm doing something very basically wrong. i have followed your info sheet to the letter ( i beleive) but am i missing something??
    regards
    Make sure you have picture on sky news.
    press servces, 4, 0, 1, select, 2, red, save setting - this resets the default transponder to the one it should be 11778.

(do not worry about this, 11778 is the one the box should be on - changing this to 12207 only helps the box boot up, nothing more....once you have a picture it does not matter what frequency you have as the box will use whatever frequency it needs to......as if you watch bbc news the box overrides whatever default transponder you put in and uses 11954H, the frequency for BBC News. only sky news in on frequency 12207v. all the other channels are spread over som e90plus frequencies. changing the default transponder frequency does not keep channels in longer, or make more channels available, it just helps the box boot up. it is normal for the box to revert back to 11778 - as this frequency carries all the important EPG information the box needs!)

then 5 for manual tuning - this page will show the 117878 frequency change it to 12422 h 27.5 2/3
    then find channels....you will get the signal strength screen showing the strength for 12422
    press select and your channels will be in the list - yellow and select to place Five in the other channels list.

if this process does not work then I am stumped as I have just done this on the oldest box I could find on my 80cm dish and it worked....
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thanks

still got " No Signal" msg THEN..........
    Eurika!!!!!
    when i went again into the find channels section of your instructions, a red button was displayed " reset symbol rate & fec settings" pressed that and a channel list came up. maybe this is an additional feature?
    anyway many many thanks for your assistance.
    regards
    paul cogan

Thanks

It sounds like you were scannin ght ecorrect frequency and polarization, but did not have the correct FEC and SR.....

all the red button does is reset everything to the correct default transponder settings of 11778 v 27.5 2/3

it is not a new feature - i think it has been there sone the dawn of sky digital

anyhow glad it is all sorted an you can now what CSI, or CSI or CSi or CSI........
    The Sat and PC Guy

Thread Information