Thread: Finding / Installing Freesat Channels

Thanks

Finding / Installing Freesat Channels

I found this site by accident yesterday and it has proved to be a mine of information for someone as technologically challenged as me. - I have already succeeded in finding / installing BBC 1 North West, (my preferred BBC regional programme), which I lost when the BBC messed around with their satellite channels some months ago, finding / installing CBS Action, (previously Zone Thriller), which I lost about a week ago, and finding / installing ITV 1 + 1 which I have never previously had. - So thanks for that.

What I would now like to do is to find and install other channels which the site seems to suggest I should be able to receive but which have so far eluded me. Help in this area woulld be appreciated.

I previously received Channel 4 via the TTON4 signal but that, of course, no longer exists. Can I get Channel 4 via another signal? - If so, from where? (I can receive Channel 4 + 1 without any problem)

I would also like to be able to receive BBC3, BBC4 and Channel 5. Can I receive them? - If so, where from?

I think I need the specific 'settings' info to help me find them.

I receive my Freesat television programmes via satellite using a 1.9m dish and a generic digibox made by 'Big Sat.' This system works well and reception on all the channels I presently receive is perfect. - I live in Catral.

Can anyone help?

John

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ruddy View Post
    I found this site by accident yesterday and it has proved to be a mine of information for someone as technologically challenged as me. - I have already succeeded in finding / installing BBC 1 North West, (my preferred BBC regional programme), which I lost when the BBC messed around with their satellite channels some months ago, finding / installing CBS Action, (previously Zone Thriller), which I lost about a week ago, and finding / installing ITV 1 + 1 which I have never previously had. - So thanks for that.
    Hi and welcome, and glad you like the site and its information.

I previously received Channel 4 via the TTON4 signal but that, of course, no longer exists. Can I get Channel 4 via another signal? - If so, from where? (I can receive Channel 4 + 1 without any problem)
    The free to air version of C4 is on frequency 10714 H 22 5/6
    (http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/chan...anca_spain.php)
    It is on a weak Atsra 2d horizontal beam, so you may not be able to get this 24/7 where you are on your dish. It may be that even a 2.4m dish may struggle to get this 24/7!

The only other version is on 12480 V, but this is a free to view version and requires a Sky card, something that your Big Sat receiver cannot read.

I would also like to be able to receive BBC3, BBC4 and Channel 5. Can I receive them? - If so, where from?
    These three channels are also on the weaker Astra 2d horizontal beam.
    BBC3 and Five is on 10773 H 22000 5/6, BBC4 is on 10803 H 22000 5/6
    http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/bbc_...anca_spain.php

There is a free to view version of Five, that again you need a Sky card to watch.

I receive my Freesat television programmes via satellite using a 1.9m dish and a generic digibox made by 'Big Sat.' This system works well and reception on all the channels I presently receive is perfect. - I live in Catral.
    The key is that you are trying to receive the channels that are on a weak signal frequency, and your dish is too small to receive them. Even in my area a 2.4m dish will not get those FTA channels, and it has been suggested a 4m dish would be required!

Hope this helps.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks
    Thanks for all that. - I'll try this evening and see what happens. - I'll let you know the result.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks
    Update as promised. - I have now succeeded in accessing Channel 5 and BBC4. They are available for viewing, with a reasonable signal from about 6.00pm until 10.00pm so I can watch them during the peak evening viewing hours. That's pretty good. - BBC3 and Channel 4 have still not shown themselves but I intend to keep trying.

With your help I'm now working magic. - Thanks again.

John

Thread Information