Thread: scart connections

Thanks

scart connections

Hi...Can anyone help please?
    I have 32in flat screen tele with 2 scarts,a digital set top box that does my Spanish channels with 1 scart,a Sky box that receives my uk channels via sat dish with 1 scart.and a DVD recorder with 1 scart
    So I bought a 3 way Scart box from Media Mart with individual switches for each scart.
    I plugged the digi box,the DVD,and the sky box into the scart box and then the scart lead into the AV 1 on the telly .
    The sky chanels come thro fine but when you switch on the scart switch for the digi box for the Spanish channels the reception is crap,the picture is there but its colours are all blue and black.(the other switches are off)
    Whats wrong ?

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: scart connections

Hi

Firstly why buy a switching unit when the Sky box allows another scart device to be connected to it - using the VCR scart option just above the TV SCART option......

So

Plug your DVD directly to the TV (you lose quality by not having it direct to the TV!)

Plug your Spanish Box TV Scart to the VCR Scart on the Sky Box, then the Sky box TV Scart to the TV.

Then whenever you turn on the Spanish box it will override the Sky box and switch to Spanish on the TV....

Switch boxes are poorly designed and I have yet to see a good working one...you lose quality, you lose contract (the pitcure seems to be less bright than direct to the TV!), and sometime the wires inside are like spaghetti, not good when you have all three items sending power to the unit.

Secondly, if you have limited pictures then check all of your PAL, RBG settings on yur boxes and TV settings. If you have a PAL source going to a RGB source (or vice versa) sometims the pictures are not clear due to these different formats.

also RGBs settings better than PAL.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information