Thread: 1.37m Freesat System - Loss of channels Villamartin Area

Thanks

1.37m Freesat System - Loss of channels Villamartin Area

Hi there Sat and PG Guy,
    I got one of those small systems last year for receiving 'some' Freesat channels on the understanding that bad weather could cause loss of picture. This is fine as I'm only a temporary visitor to Sapin. However, returning yesterday I find that I get no ITV channels and a weak, pixelated signal on BBC channels whereas previously they were good all good. (I checked again today with the clearer skies, doing a complete re-scan as well). I can get Sky and BBC News and lots of other, less popular channels like CBS, shopping etc. without any problem, but will really miss the main stream channels.

I have a Triax digibox and 1.37 m dish. I'm assuming channels have been moved around to make way for HD since I was last out to Spain in the Autumn. But I would have thought a re-scan would pick up any new frequencies of ITV and BBC. Any ideas please?

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome,
    Some of the BBC channels did change their frequencies back in October (Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend ) and a simple rescan on the Triax should update the channel list for you.

Also, your dish will be operating on the very limit of its reception in this fringe reception area. The slightest move in the dish will will cause drop in signals. One of the compromised of having a smaller dish...

So a realignment may help.

As maybe a change in LNB - an inverto ultra black would really help if you currently do not have one. They are ideal for offset dishes and are very good performers...expect to pay about 25-30 euros for one.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks
    Thanks for the very quick reponse.
    This afternoon I got back BBC1 and 2. The ITV channels that were previously showing 'no signal' now show 'weak signal'.
    I have the inverto ultra black LNB that you suggest as I think this is a pre-requisite for the small, and hence cheaper dish and Triax system I have. I guess you must be correct in that I need a dish realignment. I'll see about getting one done and report back in due course.

Thanks
    Re-alignment done and all back to normal. Appears there were some bad winds over the winter that had knocked the dish out of alignment. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information