Thread: tdt help

Thanks

tdt help

Hi there,

We have done without British tv since Telemicro ceased trading ,but are now looking to have a few channels at least.We have a ground floor apartment and dont have room for a dish,i dont have permission ,as yet ,from my neighbour above, to install a dish on the roof.

We are on an urbanisation and have a communal tv areial,we were wondering which is the better option to get a television with built in TDT,or to buy a TDT box ,and if so which .

Also is there any reason that when we had Telemicro ,that their engineers may have disconnected the direct antenna feed into the property.I seem to remember them doing something with wire/cable in the electric box near the front door,if they have is it easy to re-connect.

Thanks for any help on this matter .

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: tdt help

Quote Originally Posted by paulnjackie
    Hi there,.
    Hi and welcome

We are on an urbanisation and have a communal tv areial,we were wondering which is the better option to get a television with built in TDT,or to buy a TDT box ,and if so which ..
    Most TVs these days come with a built in digital terrestrial tuner anyway, so go along with that idea inthe first instance.

I have found that in some cases a seperate set top box does pull in more channel than some makes of TV with TDT built in,and has reduced "pixelation" on some channels, but I have not made a list of offending models.

Also is there any reason that when we had Telemicro ,that their engineers may have disconnected the direct antenna feed into the property.I seem to remember them doing something with wire/cable in the electric box near the front door,if they have is it easy to re-connect..
    Many people, when they has TM installed, lost Spanish TV, as the TM engineers used the existing cableing to feed their system as opposed to either running new cable or "mixing" the two togethers - call it laziness or being tight or both.

Locating the "input" cable should not be a problem, but ideally you need to use proper "f" cable connectors and a "barrel" cable connection.

And the use vulcanised "rubber" self adhesive tape to waterproof and protect he conenction - do not just use any old tape
    like some installers do - as this may not totally protect the connection from moisture!

You only have to look at Satellite Installations Wall of Shame to see some of the corners "installers" have taken....

Hope this helps
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information