Thread: astra 1n 2e 2f 2g

Thanks

astra 1n 2e 2f 2g

Well I read that astra 1n might not replace our 2d sat for british tv after all but it looks like its only a respite ... 2e f and g are in the offing with their tightly focused spot beams. Will this really mean the end of Uk tv in spain as we know it? What are all those satellite dish installing companies going to do? More importantly what are WE the viewers going to do? Do iplayer and proxies really give good results on a 32 inch screen? What about the slingbox option? I see there are a couple of companies that will rent you a slingbox connected up from the uk ... but the prices are horrendous.... is this the future? (Can't see my sister back in the uk letting me eat up her internet connection somehow). I look at my lovely dish, my receivers, my lovingly organised distribution system and weep. Is "no satellite signal being received" their inevitable future?
    More and more web sites disappear behind pay walls, torrent downloading has its days numbered and now this... Is "Se llama copla" on Canal Sur to be our final fate? Please, someone, anyone, give us some good news!!!!

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

Re: astra 1n 2e 2f 2g

Who knows what the new satellites will bring...they all said with Astra 2d no UK TV outside the UK!!! How wrong they were! Re TV via internet i suppose it all depends on upload and downlioad restrictions, and if you are going via a VPN / proxy what that particulars servers are like at handling the loads at peak times. And as you say, other sling options are limited due to the use of "Fair Useage" policies for at "hosts" homes. And until internet speeds are good enough for true real time streaming in HD, satellites do remain the easiest and more cost effiecient way (so they say) to supply hundreds of channels to millions of homes.
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thanks

If the new satellites have a spot footprint as tightly focused as that new Polish one, they will bring an end to our viewing, at least as far as the channels on that spot beam are concerned. A lot of people seem to think the Sky subscription channels will be on the wider beam so Mr Murdoch doesn't lose out ... any opinions on that one?

Site Owner / Satellite Installer
    Based in Gandia, covers Calpe to Valencia and inland
    Satellite dish being used
    Marafa (not Famaval!) 1.8m dish, 80cm dish
    Satellite Digibox / Receivers used
    Sky+HD, Sky Pace 2600, Ariva 100, Dreambox DM7025, GI1025E
    Thanks

who knows...and it depends where you are - suffice to say if you are in the south of spain then yes it will definately get worse....and the spot beam you mention are just about available where I am on my 1.8m dish without too much accurate alignment (not had a chance to do a proper test!), and you must remember that they are aimed much farther east than the UK. I am sure that Sky will be looking into the fact that the loss of subscription revenue will be if they tighten the ebam too much, but until anything official come out we shall never know...and even then that is not definate, as the offical foootprint maps for astra 2d are way off...!!! and according to astra 1n is going to 19 east, so we dont have to worry about that.
    and this i from someone with a bit more technocal knowhow then i!
    "On the spot beam I doubt it will be much of a problem here. We are less than 900 miles from London and all current European spot beams (for example 0.8ºW K1, 4.8ºE BSS Nordic, 23ºE Astra 3A, 19.2ºE 1KR spot 1) are receivable on a reasonable size dish. And also I don't believe the spot beams on the new satellites are going to be tighter than 2D. 2D only has around one third the power output per transponder that the new satellites have and the new birds not being spinners won't have the same pointing accuracy hence will need a slightly wider beam. "
    And like I said, until they are up none will know for sure, and its all speculation....as 2D proved its easier to get than first thought!
    The Sat and PC Guy
    UK Satellite TV, Sky TV, Freesat TV and Spanish Digital TDT Installations Costa Blanca Spain
    96 281 9796 / 620 130 292
    info@satandpcguy.com (alternate email satandpcguy@gmail.com )
    Costa Blanca Satellite TV / Sky Tv in Spain - Our BLOG
    Like us on Facebook for the latest Satellite TV in Spain

Thread Information