Mag Box Help Tutorials : How to reset your MAG box to factory settings
Entering in BIOS menu
Power off the MAG IPTV box, and disconnect it from the power.
Press and hold «menu» button on the Remote Control.
Without releasing «menu» button reconnect the power to the MAG IPTV box.
- Within seconds the light blue BIOS screen of the MAG IPTV box will be displayed.
You can now Release “menu” button when BIOS is loaded
choose “Def. Settings”.
Press the right to enter Default Settings
Confirm Default Settings by pressing the “OK”.
Select “Exit & Save” to save and exit. The MAG IPTV box will reboot automatically.
- However, sometimes the box may get stuck on “TFTP Load”
- This is normal as the “boot mode is not correct”, so
- Disconnect power
- Press and hold menu button on remote
- Reapply power
- Bios screen appears
- Choose Boot Mode and press right to select NAND2
- Choose Exit and save, right and click OK
- The MAG IPTV box reboots, now loading from NAND
- The MAG IPTV box then loads into the default screen, and checks for new software and downloads and installs new software
- The MAG IPTV box reboots into “default page”
If you get a “wrong image” or “wrong signature” messages, then this is because your box has been “flashed” with custom firmware. Please click HERE for instructions how to correct this
Note : users do this process at their own risk. We are not responsible for any issues a factory reset may cause to your box.