Manual Software Update for Sky+HD Digiboxes. Costa Blanca. Spain
Sky Digiboxes normally update their software automatically overnight, but occasionally you may need to do a Forced Software Download. This may be required if your Sky digibox has not been used for a while, and it has missed an update, or if the software gets scrambled for any reason.
Manual Software Update for Sky+HD Digiboxes should not really be needed. In most cases the Sky digibox will self update the software automatically, so in the first instance, just continue to use the sky box as you would normally. You will know if the software has been updated as you may find the Sky digibox reset itself whilst you are viewing a channels.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel so you never miss any new videos.
How to Perform a Manual Software Update for Sky+HD Digiboxes
1) Put the Sky digibox into Standby mode. (red light mode). You do this by pressing and holding the Standby Button on the Sky remote control for about 10 seconds, until the red light appears on the front of the SkyHD or Sky+HD box.
2) Once the red light is on the Sky box, release the Standby button on the Sky Remote control.
3) Locate the button on the front of the Sky digibox, named “Back Up”. ( ON THE DIGIBOX NOT ON THE REMOTE!)
4) Press and hold down the “Back Up” button.
5) WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE BACK UP BUTTON, press the Sky button on the top of the Sky remote control.
6) Keep holding down the BACK UP button on the Sky HD box
7) The Sky+HD PLease wait message will appear on the screen
8) Keep holding down the BACK UP button on the Sky HD box until the “Updating System Software” messages appears onthe screen.
9) Only after the four lights illuminate and the message appears should you release the back-up button.
10) After about 10 minutes the Sky digibox will return to “standby” (amber light).
11) Leave the Sky digibox in standby for 2 or 3 minutes as it carries out a self check and applied any new software.
10) Switch Sky digibox out of standby (green LED illuminates).
11) The Sky digibox will take a few minutes “Searching For Listings”.
12) Your Sky digibox should now be operating on the latest available version of software.
Do not unplug your Sky digibox from the mains supply or satellite dish during the software upgrade or permanent damage could be done and your box rendered unusable