In the last few days some of the frequencies used by Sky TV have changed their frequency settings.
They have changed their FEC from 2/3 to 5/6.
Channel affected include the following :
Sky News, Pick TV, Sky Sports 5, Sky Atlantic HD +1, Sky Sports 3 Ireland, Pick Ireland, Sky Sports 4 Ireland, Disney XD UK, Disney Channel UK, Disney Junior UK, Disney XD UK +1, Disney Channel UK +1, Disney Junior UK +1, Sky Sports 1 in Pubs, Sky Sports 2 in Pubs, Sky Sports 3 in Pubs, Sky Sports 4 in Pubs, Sky Arts 2 HD, Sky Atlantic HD Ireland, Sky Sports News HQ, Sky Sports 1 Ireland, British Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Fox UK +1, Comedy Central Extra UK .
The frequencies affected include;
12207 V 27500 5/6
11914 H 27500 5/6
12148 H 27500 5/6
The FEC is the Forwards Error Correction, and tries to eliminate errors and missed data during transmission, which results in picture breakup. By increasing the FEC (say from 2/3 to 5/6) then there is less allowance for errors, freeing up bandwidth on the frequency. With more bandwidth on the frequencies, this can allow more channels on that frequency.
BY doing this however, there is a reduction is signal level, and so some areas may see a loss of these Sky pay channels.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- ITV HD satellite changes
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels