In the last few days some of the frequencies used by Sky TV have changed their frequency settings.
They have changed their FEC from 2/3 to 5/6.
Channel affected include the following :
Sky News, Pick TV, Sky Sports 5, Sky Atlantic HD +1, Sky Sports 3 Ireland, Pick Ireland, Sky Sports 4 Ireland, Disney XD UK, Disney Channel UK, Disney Junior UK, Disney XD UK +1, Disney Channel UK +1, Disney Junior UK +1, Sky Sports 1 in Pubs, Sky Sports 2 in Pubs, Sky Sports 3 in Pubs, Sky Sports 4 in Pubs, Sky Arts 2 HD, Sky Atlantic HD Ireland, Sky Sports News HQ, Sky Sports 1 Ireland, British Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Fox UK +1, Comedy Central Extra UK .
The frequencies affected include;
12207 V 27500 5/6
11914 H 27500 5/6
12148 H 27500 5/6
The FEC is the Forwards Error Correction, and tries to eliminate errors and missed data during transmission, which results in picture breakup. By increasing the FEC (say from 2/3 to 5/6) then there is less allowance for errors, freeing up bandwidth on the frequency. With more bandwidth on the frequencies, this can allow more channels on that frequency.
BY doing this however, there is a reduction is signal level, and so some areas may see a loss of these Sky pay channels.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021