Smart DNS Services
If you try to use the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services on a Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain from a country other than the UK and ROI, you will be blocked from viewing content.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server. This is controlled by checking the IP address for your internet connection.
Your Spanish IP address will be blocked, so UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will NOT be available to you on your Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server.
Using a SMART DNS server this “tricks” the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services into thinking you are connecting from the UK, and not connecting from Spain.
Our Recommended SMART DNS services for UK TV in Spain
We recommend TWO Smart DNS services, in case one has an issue.
Smart DNS Proxy – also offer a free trial so you can try and test before you buy
1. Click on the SMARTDNSPROXY Banner above
2. Select “Sign Up”
3. Create your account – they offer a 14 day free trial
4. Check your emails for account creation confirmation (the emails may be in your “junk” or “spam” folders)
5. In your SMARTDNSPROXY account Dashboard ( https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/MyAccount ) you will be told if your IP address is activated on their servers or not, with the message “Your Current IP XX XX is not on our system”
6. To reactivate your IP address, simply click on “Activate”.
7. When activated the “Your Current IP XX XX is not on our system” message will disappear.
8. You can now use SMARTDNSPROXY on your devices, and set up their service on a router.
No longer available.
When using a SMART DNS service, you will have to do revalidate your IP Address this every time your internet connection or router is reset. This is because when reset, you will be allocated another IP address by your internet provider, which needs to be validated on Smart DNSs system before it will work.
To use a SMART DNS service with Freesat, then you will need to install the Smart DNS service on a router (details how to do this to come shortly)
The UK TV Broadcasters are always searching for users accessing their services from abroad using DNS services. They then blacklist those server and access to the UK TV Catch Up and On Demand services will be prevented.